• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by GW.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 1×9 or 1×10, what you all running ?
  • Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Debating a nice conversion on the new Bionicon when it arrives, going to a 1×9 or 1×10 depending on what cranks i’ll have on etc…

What’s the weapon of choice in UK ?

I’m not sure if i have ISGC mounts yet, so have linked to some BB mount ones for now

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=21651

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50891

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

1×9 on 29ers and 69er

tk46hal

29er with 1 x 10! up front I have a 32t Salsa ring with a Superstar chain guide and at the back I have the 36-11 10 speed cassette all bolted together with XT.

widge34

Just gone to 1×9 on my Mongoose 11-34 cassette and 34 ring up front.

Conan257

1×9 Spec FSR, 32×11-34… Mainly cause i’m an unfit girl!

1×9 on the BFe (with a 34t and 11-34)

currently 2×9 on the Soul but it’s going 1×9 this week on a 32t and 11-34.

Considered 1×10 but too costly to do the swap so I’ll stay with 9.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

The question wasn’t really about if you’re running it lads…. but more what chain guides you’re using to acomplish it.

Must admit, i’m liking the simplicity of the Superstar ones… although worry slightly about the lack of bash.

zangolin

NP Mega – 1×10 – 11-36 with 32T.
    Straitline Silent guide which comes with bashguard.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Straitline Silent guide which comes with bashguard

Seems to do well in the tests etc, but is a bit expensive… sometimes you DO get what you pay for though i admit.

wrecker

ISCG only though, is it not?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

At th moment the ISCG debate doesn’t really come into play until i get the bike on Thurs, until then, i don’t know if i have ISCG mounts, so can’t really make a too informed decision.

bellys

X9 3×10

mindmap3

My SX Trail will be 1×10 when its finished (was going to use my existing 9 speed x9 mech but its seen better days, so man logic dictates that now is a good time to try 10 speed….)

I’ll be using a Blackspire C4 chain device because, I have one in the spares box anyhow. I bought it when I did because it seems to be the only one that doesn’t cost silly money.

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

1 x 10 on my 5 spot. 32 front 11-36 rear with a MRP mini G2 SL device

P1040344 by eastham_david, on Flickr

1 x 10 on my Soul 33 front 11-36 rear with a MRP Lopes SL Device. Going to change the front to 32 fron as the legs won’t stand it at the moment. 😳

P1040284 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I use a Superstar one, with a bodged seat tube guide, never dropped the chain. I’ve heard people say the BB mounts are a bit flexy.

fuzzhead

I’m running a Gamut P30 as per your first link – light, easy to fit, doesn’t fill up with mud, never dropped a chain. Recommended

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

njee20 – Member
    I use a Superstar one, with a bodged seat tube guide, never dropped the chain. I’ve heard people say the BB mounts are a bit flexy.

Interesting that as depending on circumstances i may have to leave the GXP stuff on for a while, so may end up running the seat tube one…. again, until i see the bike in person, i’m not sure on clearances etc for the seatpost one.

Why’s yours bodged ? because you run only a single large ring ?

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Because SS didn’t do a seat tube one at the time, the E.13 and MRP ones were extortionate and the Paul Components one didn’t fit!

Been perfect though, so I can’t be bothered to change it!

Snap 1×10 Soul, MRP 34t ring, MRP Lopes, SRAM X( Short Cage, XT 11-36.

Absolutely zero problems. Have the same setup on the Spicy.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Stupid Qn time…

I’m (in theory) running a 3×9 Truvativ Stylo when the bike arrives.

When i’ve run a single previously it was with an E-13 SRS ISCG jobbie. SO was sort of back spacered on the inside for where the granny goes.

Assuming i have the above crankset and run the seat tube mounted bracket from Superstar, do i need anything in instead of my granny ring ? a spacer or anything to set the gap correctly ?

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Nope.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

n-stop and BBG

BBG bash by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Scamper

Have to admit after trying Superstar seat tube mounted rubbish i read a recent thread and for my 1×9 copied Rocket Dog and swapped to jump stop and BBG bash – works a treat, cheap and light, and enough justability for no noise.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

is my cheque in the post?

Scamper

I’ll pay your braking bump permit at Cannock!

andeh

Running 1×9 on my BFe, 36t SLX and 11-34 cassette. Pretty good for all round use, it’s my only mountain bike. I’ve got an E13 LG1 with homebrew taco to keep things where they should be.

anyone running a steel ring with a 1×9/10?

I’ve seen the Surly stainless ones but was wondering if there are any others out there? [apart from the ramped Deores]

I ran the On-One stainless steel ring when my 456SS was setup 1×9. Was spot on.

Now living on my Curtis S1.

Much heavier than the MRP Partyring on my Blur 4X but after +1 year of use is hardly showing any signs of wear vs the MRP which is looking well ‘loved’.

Irish_AL

3 x 9……its the way forward 😉

Gotama

Slight hijack but weeksy if its a ISCG mount and you like the Straitline one i’m pretty sure i’m going to sell mine since it won’t fit the new bike. Email is in profile if you’re interested. Its in very good condition.

As for the performance of it I can’t fault it. Lives up to its silent name as there’s no lower jockey wheel to rub or get clogged up with cr@p. Comes with loads of spacers to get it lined up properly. Seems to be very well made and looks nice on the bike.

GW

1×7 DH bike – with an E13 SRS modified the top and lower guides to run no bash so added a Taco made from a Gamut bash instead – I’ve used many many guides over the years and most have their flaws so I “made” this for better mud shedding capability, it’s not the lightest guide by todays standards (by no means heavy tho) but it’s been flawless for a few seasons DH now

1×8 mini DH bike – MRP type 3 guide, although set-up perfectly has still jammed and lost a chain a couple of times. (boomerang and rollers can flex and rollers/guide plate can clog enough for the chain to ride over them)

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘1×9 or 1×10, what you all running ?’ is closed to new replies.