Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 1×9 – Microshift cassette? With an X0 mech?
  • keithb

Hi all,

Looking at a minor drivetrain update to the bike, and considerign going 1×9, as I’m on 9 speed and have a nice x0 mech hanging off the back, and various 9speed spares in the box…

I’ve recently discovered that Microshift produce an 11-42 9 speed cassette, and was wondering if anyone has tried one or something similar?  Just really checking out the practicalities of running it with a “standard” 9 speed mech.  I anticipate needing a hanger extender, but was just hoping to pick up on others experiences of going 1×9?

The ratios don’t seem too bad either, as it is basically the same ratios as you get on a traditional 11-32 8 speed cassette, with the 32 swapped with a 36 and a 42, which may give some big jumps at the bottom of the cassette, but I often end up shifting 2 gears in that space anyway.

Also, anyone have any experience of cheap alloy Narrow-Wide chainrings from Ebay?  £5-£10 seems to get a choice of ratios and oval/round to fit on a standard 104bcd crank.

Cheers,
    Keith

wzzzz
    Free Member

I ran 11-40 on a shimano system 1×9 seems to work fine

Just needed a £2 mech hanger extender

I also have the cheapo chainrings on a couple of bikes, work fine, maybe just don’t expect them to last forever

Take a look at aliexpress for cheaper prices

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘1×9 – Microshift cassette? With an X0 mech?’ is closed to new replies.