Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×10 Gnarmaccers – which LH brake lever?
  • paul4stones

Running 1×10 on drop bars what do you use for the LH, cable brake? I have an old (broken) sora shifter but it’s nowhere near as good as the newer Tiagra I have on the RH and a slightly different shape. I see SRAM do a LH lever only but can’t find a Shimano equivalent. What do others do?

richardthird

I use std pair of 5700 shifters and just use the left as a brake. Simple and will be easy to sell on one day.

wiggles
    Free Member

On the SRAM ones you can just take a pin out and remove the shift lever. Not sure on Shimano and wouldn’t be as good anyway as the brake lever would still swivel.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eviljoe
    Free Member

Of course if you were truly GNAR , the left hand lever would control the dropper post, or the missile launcher… 🙂

paul4stones

Yes!

Speshpaul

“Of course if you were truly GNAR , the left hand lever would control the dropper post, or the missile launcher… ” Beard wax dispenser!”

onandon
    Free Member

I use sram force and remove the lever. The other bike has force cx1 and the levers/ hoods feel the same.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I use a Shimano 5800 Brifter and used a dremel to neatly snip off the shift lever.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I just left the lever in place on my sram rival hydros.

Its not like it gets in the way is it? plus I change bikes like underwear so will probably sell them on in a year or so. I don’t sell underwear on.

cookeaa

On my 1×9 Bridalslayer I am using an R400 singlespeed LH lever with a 4500 RH brifter, which is OK, bit of a mismatch…

But I have also just fitted a pair of tektro RL520 (higher cable pull levers) to my SS commuter which I am using with MTB cable discs, those are quite good IMO and of course allows you to use MTB calipers…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×10 Gnarmaccers – which LH brake lever?’ is closed to new replies.