Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1st world problem, VW transporter kombi SWB seat change
  • gooner69

Hiya, I’ve just had a new bike carrying box fitted in the rear and although it works great it could be better.

The bikes have to sit on the drawer diagonally because the rear seat is just a little tight. If it could slide forward 3-4 inches then they would line up parallel and I could fit a 3rd bike in also.
    The rear kombi seat is a 3 seater bench with the brackets central and seats cantilevered either side. it basically just lift in or out as a unit.
    Anyone know of a way to move the brackets a little or even change them for sliders etc.
    There’s way too much info online and I waded though hours of youtube etc not getting very far so figured best ask the hive mind.

Hope I’m making myself clear in what I’m asking.

Thanks in advance.

db

I don’t think you can move the brackets so you are looking at sliding rails and a new seat which will be pricey.

https://uberbusflux.com/ Are fantastic but not cheap option.

gooner69

That looks great, but the existing seats are barely used and like new. Dont really wanna go too far down the “custom” route.

benp1

Not aware of a mod you can put in to allow you to slide the standard 3 seat bench. Same for the 2+1. Those that want sliding seats end up fitting caravelle seat rails and caravelle bench (typically at great expense)

gooner69

thanks guys, gonna have to ponder a while..

timbog160

Could you come up with some kind of quick release fixing to at least make it quicker to remove and refit them. Obvs you’d have to make sure it was secure once fitted…

st

I think technically you could move the brackets forward but it’s a fair job and bear in mind that two of the seatbelts have fixed points behind the seats which can’t be relocated. Plus it’s a fudge.

The only proper way is a sliding triple bench from a Caravelle. Very nice but you’ll be at least £2,000 for a decent seat, rails £500+, a new floor mat (or something to deal with the changed mounts) and then fitting.

There are also loads of other bodges that people needing to keep costs down will tell you are ok on the forums but they’re all bodges.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a bigger van.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1st world problem, VW transporter kombi SWB seat change’ is closed to new replies.