Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • 1st valentines alone for 11 years, who else is wallowing in self pity?
  • 18BikesMatt
    Free Member

At the beginning of January I split from my girlfriend of 11 years. Since then I’ve been sorting out somewhere to live and all the other associated crap. We never made a big deal of valentines but it’s still a bit odd being on my own.

I’m going to spend the night packing the kitchen to move to my new place then tomorrow our cat will go to it’s new home whilst I’m at work. Please tell me somebody has a more pathetic (if that’s possible) night planned?

Matt

edhornby

Have a look at the overpriced bad food thread and that’ll cheer you up 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

House of Cards on netflix

bearnecessities

Similar here; also disposing of cat and moving home.

Bit cliche, but couldn’t be happier now. It’s all a bit raw still for you (middle of last year for me), so just allow the wallow and you’ll be reet soon lad.

scratch
    Free Member

I’m in a house with no heating sat alone in Abertillery?

milky1980
    Free Member

Been single for the last 14 Valentine’s days, purely by chance not planning!!

It’s just another day, probably watch a film and pig out on pizza!!

Could be worse, you’re not flooded for example!

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

Bearnecessities – I keep being told it’ll get better, and I’m sure it will, but everything seems to be getting on top of me but I’m trying to MTFU and just keep busy.

Scratch – I’m sat in the old house, in a room full of empty boxes (that I should be packing) and a tv. The heating has just turned off. I think you just have it on the scale of sad but it’s a close call

footflaps

also disposing of cat

Tell me he/she has a new home and not just being flushed down the loo / dumped in the canal……

piemonster

also disposing of cat
    Tell me he/she has a new home and not just being flushed down the loo / dumped in the canal……

Soylent kitty biscuits?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

😉

footflaps

Soylent kitty biscuits?

As long as they had a full 20 minutes of watching mice run around in front of them, it’s ok….

Drac

No need to brag about it.

bearnecessities

I went through a right ‘mare mentally, but the way I fuddle through life is to just accept problems outside of your control, go through the various stages of denial/acceptance and eventually you’ll pop out the other side.

I am me though, and we’re all a bit different. For example poor, slightly retarded tiddles, I considered (but nothing more than a fleeting thought) having put to sleep.

When I think about it, that was pretty screwed up for a normal thinking person, so try not to make any big decisions for a while is my advice!

(I managed to re-homed the lucky bastard, into some sort of mansion)

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I do feel like I’m muddling through, making decisions about things (such as where to live) without really knowing what I want. I won’t be committing to anything long term though so nothing is set in stone.

Luckily my ex’s mum is also cat mad and virtually instantly offered to home ours. Although I will know where she is and could in theory go and see her, I know I’m not going to see her again. She will be going back to play in a small village in the white peak so I’m sure she’ll be happy having fields to play in again, this doesn’t really help me though!

benji
    Free Member

Never have been with anyone on valentines day, it’s just another day as far as I am concerned. But you have to get used to loved up idiotic couples thinking you need to jump of the pavement so they can carry on holding hands.

Had to laugh at the people buying cards in Tesco last night after 10pm, they must mean so much to them if they can’t get it together before it becomes lastminute.com.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

On the plus side eBay finishing deals with either be a: cheaper cos loadsa ppl out. Or b: more expensive cos all the singletons buying.

Drac

Had to laugh at the people buying cards in Tesco last night after 10pm, they must mean so much to them if they can’t get it together before it becomes lastminute.com.

A discount holiday website?

Fools the lot of them pop in at open hours tomorrow and they’ll 25p each.

zippykona

18 bikes.
    Imagine being in a restaurant full of lovey dovey people while you 2 desperately try to fit in but you can barely make eye contact.
    You step outside and don’t want to go back in. Back inside you sit in silence ,just willing your dinner to come. It arrives and you eat it double quick, mumble how nice it was ,all the time you can see the car hurtling towards the edge of the cliff and all you want to do is jump out before it goes over.
    We’ve all been there and tonight that could have been you.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

😥

shadowrider
    Free Member

Don’t make a big deal of being lonely on Valentines Day, try and remember that you are lonely every other day too .

bearnecessities

😀

Edric64
    Free Member

Sat opposite someone who wants me to leave when it was only last April I gave up my flat and flogged or gave away everything as I wouldnt need it to move into her house. Although the card I gave her this morning is on the mantlepiece and the engagement ring is still on her finger.I have no money to move and £15000 owed by an ex who lives in my old house. So my pool of self pity is well deep ,deep enough to float the liveaboard canalboat I want if I can get that 15 grand !!

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’m trying not to get too pished out on the town tonight so that I might salvage something else out of tomorrow other than preping for the Lakes on Sunday as the weather is looking good!

V-day isn’t a big, deal, crack open a beer and watch your favourite vimeo mtb films 🙂

ElShalimo

Valentine’s Day is just commercial bollocks. It’ll be over in 4 hrs and then it’s just Saturday.
    Spend tonight planning your next ride, maybe somewhere new. You can then have a cheeky glass of something and fondle maps with intent

scratch
    Free Member

kind of went through it 18 months ago, moved to a random town as it was closer to work and to get away from a few things but soon realised I missed my mates, moving back into my old house as a single feller next week, cant wait.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ[/video]

coopersport1
    Free Member

I moved out after 14yrs together a week go, after a 7 month spiral into a fairly dark place I had to do something, I’m dossing at a work colleges weekday house and the 2 others that live here are away for the weekend. Its big drafty and I’m wondering what the F! I have done. Most of my stuff and my dogs are at home so it’s not easy
    We never really did valentines day because it’s our 7th wedding anniversary on Monday, hoping I’ve made the right decision but guess only time will tell…..

khani
    Free Member

You only GAF about valentines day cos you’re now single, try to remember it from when you weren’t and it was just another pita day that cost loads of money to buy overpriced sentimental crap that was discarded within 24hrs and made you have to watch ”they came to talk” on telly..
    Go and buy some beer, get ”murderdeathkill with added explosions and bikinis” on tv and enjoy being single..

bearnecessities

Blimey, some screwed up ‘advice’ coming out on this thread! Good luck Cooper.

Jamie
    Free Member

Blimey, some screwed up ‘advice’ coming out on this thread! Good luck Cooper.

You read the thread? I thought the usual STW way, was to read the OP, scroll down, and then reply.

khani
    Free Member

I like to think light hearted rather than screwed up..

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

Thanks for the helpful comments (and the not so helpful ones too). I think my main problem is that we got together when we were 15 so this is is the first time I’ve lived alone.

I’ve never cared about valentines, it just brought it all home again when I thought I was making progress. I’m really trying to look forward to my next ride/being single/doing what I want when I want/buying what I want etc etc but at the moment none of it really appeals to me. I need time

piemonster

I like to think light hearted and screwed up..

khani
    Free Member

Take Matt out for a pint then..

bearnecessities

26? You bloody nipper. You realise most of us here hate you now because of all the years extra you have to make more mistakes?!

Nothing anyone will say, here or to your face will make any difference, and that’s a good thing!

Sadly, there will be a bit of a shitty months few ahead of you, just a light sprinkling of MTFU, a few nights getting pissed and feeling sorry for yourself and you’ll soon get through it. By the time you’re back in charge of your own faculties, it’ll be summer and all the lovely ladies will be clad in lovely blouses and bikinis.

Get down the gym and get all ripped-like in readiness 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Well im 50 and it never gets easier .I spent 2 years living on my own before I moved in and I hated it I really dont like living alone.I have always had company of some sort either kids or a partner

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve never cared about valentines, it just brought it all home again when I thought I was making progress. I’m really trying to look forward to my next ride/being single/doing what I want when I want/buying what I want etc etc but at the moment none of it really appeals to me. I need time

Matt, you home alone, if so what you wearing this not might be the best thing? You must have some single mates who fancy a pint, or even just go to your local and have a beer. Trudging round your own head in the dark, might not be the best place to be.

…although vodka, playstaion and takeway kebabs were invented for these moments.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Nope, load of invented tosh!

Jamie
    Free Member

26? You bloody nipper. You realise most of us here hate you now because of all the years extra you have to make more mistakes?!

I thought we were all in our late 20s/early 30s?*

*34 is early 30s, right?

zippykona

Valentines is a beautiful thing and keeps me in a job.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘1st valentines alone for 11 years, who else is wallowing in self pity?’ is closed to new replies.