• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ton.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 1k hardtail 29er
  • ton

Been let down by canyon
    I need a 29 hardtail urgently.
    Something tough and suitable for full days out

I have a grand or a bit more

Ideas please

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Vitus Sentier VR, Nukeproof Scout.

JP

scuttler

2019 Orange Clockwork Evo and Crush in various sizes for £1100 at Sunset with discount code SAVE10. Great shop, great bikes. Steel P7 29 for a bit more.

EDIT oh bugger it’s you Ton. Scratch that…

TomB

Whyte 629?

boxelder

Was going to suggest a Sonder Frontier, or new Ribble hardtail, but not available urgently. Cube from CRC?

boxelder

Felt Surplus Budget to get some decent 29er wheels?

Or new Marin Pine Mountain

moonsaballoon

orbea laufy

mboy
    Free Member

Whyte 529 for sure. Or last year’s 629 if you can find one for under £1k.

weeksy
    jugheaddave
    Free Member

I have a lovely Cannondale flash in the classifieds. Super comfy, as frame is designed to have a small amount of flex in stays.
    I have done various multiple days races/rides and 24hour events on this bike.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Cube geo is at the XC end of the spectrum, if that matters.

NormalMan

Onza Payoff and spare change?

orena45

Premier Iconmoonsaballoon

orbea laufy

Just got the new Laufey as a winter bike to give my Rallon a break.  Got the H30 and it’s a damn good bike for the money, really impressed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3g_kDYHGAL/

Dealers have been getting a bike or two in early but they’re not generally available until mid January.  I bought my LBS’s bike as I didn’t want to wait until then so if you’re near an Orbea dealer then worth taking a look.

Kryton57

Ton – have a look at my Orange Clockwork Evo in my new bike day thread – Sunset MTB have the 29er also discounted.

damascus
    Free Member

Hi Ton, I’ve just bought an on one scandal in xl. I’m loving it. 6ft3 and its a great fit. In fact I’m thinking of a shorter stem as it’s longer than my previous bike.

I’ve got your old cube frame just sat here if you want to borrow it if you are desperate. I’ve just transferred everything over to the scandal. Knowing you, you probably have enough spare parts to build it up!

What’s happened with the canyon?

jayx2a
    Free Member

Calibre Line 29 from go outdoors?

matt_outandabout

New Radon

Our experience of Radon customer service in the last three months led me to the conclusion of ‘never again’.

ton

I decided to go down the conservative route.

Ordered a nice looking Trek xcliber 9.

I wanted something more suitable for off road touring rather than shredding.

cocker
    Free Member

just had a look on the trek website mate,looks spot on what colour did you go for?

ton

Red. Fast red unlike me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘1k hardtail 29er’ is closed to new replies.