1984 is back (xbox one content)

Home Forum Chat Forum 1984 is back (xbox one content)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • 1984 is back (xbox one content)
  • daveagiles

If someone at Microsoft has got enough time to sit around and watch me in my living room, then they are more than welcome to do so. It is not like it is going to be broadcast live on the net.

I haven’t got anything to hide, it really doesn’t bother me. But that is just me…

piemonster

Is the microphone still on if I pull the plug from the mains

I sincerely doubt any of that is legally feasible as it is (commercial) espionage.

A camera so sensitive it can determine my emotional state in total darkness! Apparently 1 in 2 webcams can be hacked! Well at least it doesn’t sound like half arsed scaremongering bollox…

Irish_AL

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk[/video]

atlaz

I had a longer reply started but this actually works quite nicely…

scaremongering bollox

Other than the fact it’s an xbox and has a camera and is “always on” (like most electronics these days), I don’t think much of that is true.

samuri

Apparently 1 in 2 webcams can be hacked! Well at least it doesn’t sound like half arsed scaremongering bollox…

I’d agree. ALL webcams can be hacked. The most commonly used hacking toolkits come with that specific module.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

“Other plans include…” – do they? First I’ve heard about it. Let’s check the source. Oh, there isn’t one.

redsox

of course, you don’t have to buy one

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

A statement both factually correct and completely pointless. Do you write Microsoft knowledgebase articles?

rucknar

What a load of tosh. Yes the xbox has a webcam etc, so does every apple computer and a lot of other laptops.
    Microsoft don’t make cash from sitting back and watching everyone from some massive evil tower in Mordor.

If it tracks how you view adverts then so be it, that’s not an invasion of your privacy unless you consider your ad viewing habits to be a very private matter.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

“Your TV would watch you more intensely than you watch your TV”

Man, it’s a scary world.

phil.w

So if my Xbox is shoved in the corner, on the floor, behind a stack of games – just like most people’s I assume – how does the camera see me then?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

What will they do with all those millions of hours of footage of blank eyed zombies?

samuri

Show it to other blank eyed zombies for a massive profit. It’s a business model that has worked over and over again.

Surely you could just cover the camera lens when not using it to playing games.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Or put a tin foil hat on it.

atlaz

So if my Xbox is shoved in the corner, on the floor, behind a stack of games – just like most people’s I assume – how does the camera see me then?

I’d assume the creator of that thing would tell you the XBox will just move itself to where it can see you. He probably thinks he’ll wake up in the middle of the night and find the XBox is standing at the end of the bed watching him holding a knife.

One possible way to stop Microsoft from watching you as you sleep is surely just unplugging the sodding thing if you’re THAT paranoid… or just not buy it.

atlaz

Show it to other blank eyed zombies for a massive profit.

I can’t imagine anything more horrifying than watching people play games. I’m reliably informed I tend to poke my tongue out when I’m playing XBox. I’m not sure anyone would want to watch me looking like I’ve having a seizure playing Black Ops 2.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

If it tracks how you view adverts then so be it, that’s not an invasion of your privacy unless you consider your ad viewing habits to be a very private matter.

It is if i’m naked.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I’m not sure what’s funnier – the poster, or the fact the OP posted it in apparent seriousness 🙂

Go ahead and laugh now if you want to… one day you won’t be laughing…

samuri

I can’t imagine anything more horrifying than watching people play games.

Me neither but then I’d also class ‘people living in a house together’, ‘people demonstrating their mental health problems in front of an audience’ and ‘people who will do anything for attention’ in the same horrific-ness category and yet these are all multi-million pound industries.

But if you need the camera to see you in order to play the games?…

Best not to buy one. There is life beyond game consoles.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

A more worrying question for me would be, how much of a price hike are they going to stick on games?

I already refuse to pay £40 for a title. I’m damned if I’m going to be paying even more.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

or just not buy it.

I’ve heard that the government a going to make it law that you have to have an Xbox in your living room. Well, I saw it on an internet poster so it’s a fact.

Me neither but then I’d also class ‘people living in a house together’, ‘people demonstrating their mental health problems in front of an audience’ and ‘people who will do anything for attention’ in the same horrific-ness category and yet these are all multi-million pound industries.

Hang on! So you’re saying they are going to stream all the footage back to the world’s televisions as some kind of real life reality TV?? 😯 … TOWIXbox!

Clong

I can’t believe i clicked on that link. What a crock of poo.

samuri

You’ll be able to earn Microsoft credits by performing to an audience.
    initially I felt, say ‘openly masturbating’ would earn you 20 credits but then I realised it’s worth nothing to microsoft unless people are watching so the activity will be irrelevant, what will count is number of viewers.

So obviously sexy girls will immediately have an advantage as they’ll gain the best audience figures but what’s the chances of a sexy girl having an xbox? And what would they do with a microsoft credit?

It’s a difficult one and no mistake and certainly a subject Microsoft boffins are already mulling over.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Now this is interesting. When do these things go on sale?

I suppose they could re-release track and field and then watch girls pulling a sex face as they attempt to get a pb on the 100m.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘1984 is back (xbox one content)’ is closed to new replies.