Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 18650 Battery Charger
  • wombat

The charger that I have been using to charge a couple of 18650 batteries for my helmet light has gone pop (almost literally 😯 ) .

Where’s a good place to get a replacement charger that won’t explode or burn my house down?

Doesn’t necessarily need to charge 2 batteries at once.

revs1972
    Free Member

Maplin appear to sell suitable chargers

Scapegoat

Torchy recommends Ultrafire. Their batteries are suspect, but their chargers are decent. That and XTar. I have an XTar single and an Ultrafire double. The XTar single slot uses a 500 ma 5v micro USB input, the Ultrafire has its own plug feed. Neither have gone pop yet.

jonnyboi

+1 to scapegoat above, always good products from torchy

nuke

Nitecore similar to devash’s link for me. Also handy for charging AA/AAA batteries 1 at a time where normally chargers, like my Duracell, require doubling up

devash
    Free Member

I’ve got the D2 I posted above. Great charger. The Xtar one charges at a slightly faster 1 amp rate though, and also tells you the capacity in milliamps (useful for weeding out fake / dodgy cells).

cp

My xtar from torchy seems pretty good so far and is usb input.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

good question, i need a new one myself.

Northwind

I have an XTAR MC2,it’s great for single batteries and fine with 2 as long as they’re similar but it can’t handle any real difference in capacity or discharge, or I think general health of the battery. So mostly i just use it to charge one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘18650 Battery Charger’ is closed to new replies.