Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 180mm travel 'hidden gems'. Anything other than the big brands worth looking at?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Looking to maybe buy a 180ish mm travel bike for larking around in BPW and the like.
    I’ve been looking at the usual suspects (trek, specialized and Scott etc) but I’m wondering if there’s anything else I should be considering that may slip under the radar?
    Anyone have anything that fits the bill, and they rate highly?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Banshee Darkside

andyrm
    Free Member

Bionicon Edison Evo has been getting very good reviews. Loving mine. Very, very capable bike. Shame about my fitness haha!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Liteville 601, although 190mm. I’ve not ridden one but they get good reviews and if it’s anything like the 301 it will be top drawer. Spendy though.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Not seen the Banshee Darkside but have been looking at the Banshee Scyth. A 601 would be lovely but maybe a bit out of my range? Will check out the Darkside and Bionicon.
    Does anyone have any idea what a Cube Hanzz is like?

nosedive
    Free Member

Guy i know bought the cube. Rates it highly and he knows his bikes.

transition1
    Free Member

TR250 or TR500

Put a 180mm Idylle SC on my TR450 was fun

drovercycles
    Free Member

Transition TR500

Something from Knolly?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you want to lark about at places like BPW, look for a bike from a really big name (No pun intended)

Pretty much perfect for the task! I had a run on the lower end model recently, and loved it! Long, slack, low, fast. Lovely.

Less travel, yes, but 20mm? Really? 😀

Sancho
    Free Member

Foes fxr

ads678

Mate really rates his canyon torque ex.

legend
    Free Member

Unless you’re busting every gap and drop on Enter the Dragon and Fifty Shades of Black, 180mm is OTT for BPW – especially if you want to enjoy the blues. imo the reds would also be better on a shorter travel bike with relatively strong wheels

al

Rose Soulfire perhaps. Was with a chap trying one at BPW last week, he liked it. Surprised particularly by the Durolax fork working well.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Liteville 601 is what I would have, ridden one up and down the alps and it is a superb machine.

AlexSimon

Durolax

Is that like picolax but longer lasting?

northernshaggy
    Free Member

Radon swoop 175 ?

v666ern
    Free Member

+1 Rose, if its good enough for Katy Curd riding in the world cup you’ll be fine!

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bikes/mtb/enduro–downhill/

And Finlay (uk Rep) is very helpful and has lots of demo bikes – worth riding as i’ve had to go up to an XL when everything else ive ridden is L.

Re the Hanzz, i bet it would be very good. think CRC had a couple discounted ones

StuE
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

I’ve got the 200mm version and it’s a beast. This should be just as good

https://www.canyon.com/en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3565

kevin1911

Marin quake. Go fairly cheap second hand

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cove STD are great fun to ride, ‘old-fashioned’ 26″ but they’re slow-sellers s/h so people will often take a cheeky offer for them.

I don’ think they’re sold new anymore, Cove seem to have dropped all their 26″ models bar old stock of G-Spots and Shockers.

HansRey

kevin1911 – Member

Marin quake. Go fairly cheap second hand

This.! I’m selling mine. If you’re ever by Helsinki…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘180mm travel 'hidden gems'. Anything other than the big brands worth looking at?’ is closed to new replies.