Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)
  • 18/09/2014.
  • gordimhor

It’s going to be a loooooong campaign!

atlaz
    Free Member

When do we start building the border posts?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

Can’t we just fix up Hadrian’s wall? Bit of razor wire and some claymores should do it.

Failing that just dump a huge pile of deep fried mars bars by the side of the M74 near the border, they’ll slam on the brakes, jump out and gorge themselves to death…

gordimhor

Would have to fine you for fly tipping footflaps 🙂 all helping the Edinburgh treasury!

footflaps

Fly tipping you say, give it a few years under Salmon and we’ll have refugee camps stationed all the way along the border and UN planes dropping grain onto the streets of Edinburgh whilst the Supreme Leader of Scotland gorges himself on the souls of his subjects (deep fried of course).

project
    Free Member

Be a massive toys out of pram moment, on the 19/9/2014, when they realise only the ones with SCO on the back of their cars and stupid little tartan teddies and the rest of the inhabitants didnt bother or voted againtst something called devolution, when evolution hasnt reached some parts of scotlandshire.

piemonster

The new rUK flag for 19/09/2014

image by piemonster, on Flickr

birky
    Free Member

It’s going to be a loooooong campaign!

Can I just vote ‘no’ now and ignore it from here on in?

thehustler
    Free Member

wonder if mr salmond has thought beyond the 30-40 years of oil/gas revenue?

piemonster

No, none.

bencooper
    Free Member

Biggest potential for renewables in Europe. Yes, I think it’s been considered.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

What will happen to the union jack?

Not the most pressing issue im sure – but it would look rubbish without the blue

project
    Free Member

Thet or mr salmon seem to think its their oil and gas, but with a long drill and a pump, its ours here in wales.

So basicly they will have no oil.

gordimhor

I take it you’re an SNP supprter project

footflaps

I suspect he’s not got past thinking about the 200′ solid gold statue of himself he’ll have the slaves build once he’s crowned Supreme Leader.

piemonster

What will happen to the union jack?

Not the most pressing issue im sure – but it would look rubbish without the blue

Oh don’t worry, it’ll still have plenty of blue in it.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It gives 18 months for a petition and relevant legislation for a parallel E, W, and NI vote to detach the jocks from the Union

gordimhor

Footflaps is planning to fry a hell of a lot of mars bars project we will syphon the oil out of your pipeline and replace it with the used cooking oil 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

HOOOOOOOLDDDD……

piemonster

That’s Mel Gibson, here’s the real image of William Wallace

Oh no, wait a minute….

footflaps

I think Salmon has all the makings of a Mugabe – start of vaguely sane, prosperous country etc. Then go barking mad, round up all the land owners and turf them out – plant mars bars in all the fields and watch the country deteriorate whilst blaming the English for everything…

gordimhor

Mr Mugabe is very unlike fish,

footflaps

You’re just seeing skin colour, I’m looking at the smug git beneath the skin….

gordimhor

Mr Salmond is very unlike Mr Mugabe. For one thing he was democratically elected, and unlike Messrs Cameron Clegg etc his party managed to win an overall majority

gordimhor

Definitely not a skin colour issue footflaps. While Mr Salmond, with a d has many flaws he won a free election fair and square, His party do not intimidate voters nor do they discriminate on ethnic, or religious basis. As for turfing out( some at least) landowners…. I would vote for that 🙂

Rockplough
    Free Member

So quaint, the view that this has anything to do with Salmond.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Take us with you… please. We’ll be good. promise.

piemonster

I prefer to think of him as Toad Face

althepal

Well this got mature quickly…
    (awaits flaming mars bar barrage- but its ok, being Scottish I’ll just gorge myself to death on them, anyone actually tried a deep fried mars bar btw??)

jackthedog
    Free Member

anyone actually tried a deep fried mars bar btw??

Yes, in Sheffield. They’re amazing.

footflaps

Obviously I am being facetious, but FYI Mugabe was democratically elected to power in 1980 – for the first few years things were pretty normal (for Africa).

At the end of the war in 1979, Mugabe emerged as a hero in the minds of many Africans.[3][4] He won the general elections of 1980, the second in which the majority of black Africans participated in large numbers (though the electoral system in Rhodesia had allowed black participation based on qualified franchise). Mugabe then became the first Prime Minister after calling for reconciliation between formerly warring parties, including white Rhodesians and rival political groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pretty sure if big Eck scrapped the elections and went down that route the rUK would be in with the army asap to steal back the oil give us back democracy 😉

althepal

I enjoyed sampling one the night before 10utb last year in Aviemore.. the seven or eight pints that preceded it probably helped. Not my race though obviously, managed approx 1.20 laps..

Rockplough
    Free Member

Anyway if we can get away from this ad-hominem nonsense, I’ll be voting yes. It’s a absolute no-brainer.

whatnobeer: Don’t have to steal back something when you’ve already stolen it. http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2012/01/scotlandengland-maritime-boundaries/

SamB
    Free Member

Anyone seen that film Doomsday? 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJMjiCxHLdg[/video]

convert

Thought about this the other day – I reckon it’s going to be very close. And that worries me as I’ve always considered myself British. Born in Scotland but with some English blood, married in Scotland and my mother lives there but spent the majority of my life in Wales and England where I live now. I also sound totally English. If we go our separate ways I think I’ll loose my sense of identity.

gordimhor

Interesting link rockplough, I will also be voting yes don’t think that will come as a surprise to anyone.
    Footflaps I accept your point about Mr Mugabe in his early years as leader of Zimbabwe.

bawbag
    Free Member

Yes from me also. I’ve read as much as I can from all sides of the debate and for me it’s the obvious choice.

Whichever way you vote make it an informed decision.

gordimhor

everyone get out and vote no matter what you vote for. Don’t just sit on yer arse this is not an election, as far as I know this is a unique occasion in Scottish history . …. breathes deeply… Ok am off the soap box now 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘18/09/2014.’ is closed to new replies.