Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 180 rs domains for the alps
  • DT78
    Free Member

As title really anyone used a set for a weeks alp riding. Won’t be more than a few foot off the ground as I don’t really jump but do like steep fast rocky stuff.

Will the cope okay? Will I need different springs? I’m 85kg kitted up.

mildred

I’ve not owned any bit have ridden them with Motion Control damping and I was quite impressed. Heavy but certainly thought the ‘feel’ of the fork was as good as the basic fox van36r I was using at the time.

DT78
    Free Member

I have a set of coil pike 454 s so kind of expecting them to ride like a bigger version of them…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steezysix
    Free Member

I had the 160 u-turn version and they were great in the Alps – heavy, but super solid.

Northwind

Depends a bit on the damper, Motion Control is up to the job but there’s a 302 Domain as well which really isn’t much cop- just too much travel for that little damping control.

I use the medium spring, at 60kg so you might want stiffer. Then again you might not, depends on the rider tbh! I reckon Rockshox will say you’re on the divide of medium and firm, but then they say I’m a soft and that was a total disaster.

Lyriks are a good used buy too, though older ones will be 160mm max, but the Mission Control damper is fantastic. Easy to adjust too which is good for a fork you don’t use all the time.

zerocool

Used Domains the year before last when I broke my forks out in Morzine. They handled everything perfectly. As a matter of fact a lot of the hire bikes out there run them as they are cheap, extremely reliable and easy to maintain

unknown
    Free Member

I ran 160mm 302s in Chamonix a couple of years ago and they were really good. I’m not fussy about setting up forks and fortunately for me I really like the feel right out of the box.

DT78
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Decision made. I think…!

Was holding out for 66s but second hand don’t seem far off what I have seen domains for new, and I,d prefer new/warrenty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘180 rs domains for the alps’ is closed to new replies.