Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 18 year old's ID?
  • monksie
    Free Member

Any parents around to point me in the right direction of what widely accepted ID card for my soon to be 18 (Idle, feckless, useless, over dramatic, under exercised, self entitled, self opinionated huge pain in my arse) years old daughter that I can get?
    I’ve been online and there seems to be loads but, loads seem to be rip off’s.
    Please help. I want her out of the house not hanging around for longer…..

(Sorry. We’ve just had yet another argument).

joshvegas
    Free Member

Provisional drivers licence?

jamesj197
    Free Member

Provisional drivers licence?

+1
    They’re accepted pretty much everywhere and you need one to drive so you might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

poltheball
    Free Member

+1 driving license, as a 19 year old nothing much else gets accepted – student cards & entitlement cards are too easy to tamper with so most shops will insist on seeing your drivers license.

monksie
    Free Member

Is a provisional accepted then? Mint! I was under the impression (although I don’t know where from) that only a full licence was accepted as ID.
    Thanks very much.

MoreCashThanDash

And the second she finishes at school, stop any allowance you pay her and ask for some rent and board.

One way or another she will be out of your hair!

oliverracing

+1 driving license, as a 19 year old nothing much else gets accepted – student cards & entitlement cards are too easy to tamper with so most shops will insist on seeing your drivers license.

yep seen this with a few mates at uni without driving licenses, but IDs of other types, they always used to be double checked at best and not allowed (and even confiscated) at worst

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has she tidied up?

poltheball
    Free Member

Is a provisional accepted then?

Aye provisional is fine!

scaredypants

Has she tidied up?

uh-oh hadn’t realised things had gone this far – OP, is this dessert-related ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Why isn’t she asking this question on stroppyteenagersworld.com?

ste_t
    Free Member

Passport, driving licence provisional or full. Pass hologram cards are widely accepted but not guaranteed as there’s not enough about to judge if it’s genuine. Driving license is the best bet as if she loses it then there’s hope some good soul sticks it in the post and trust me, lots of people lose them.

monksie
    Free Member

She “Can’t be arsed with all that shit, bitch! Quit stressing fam, bitch is doin me swede in!”
    She used to be such a lovely girl……
    I’m organising a passport for her. She can’t have a driving licence without a passport (she doesn’t have the relevant docs. for a licence if she doesn’t have a passport) and she might sod off on holiday for a month or two….
    Thanks for the help. God help Manchester when she’s 18……….

Drac

😯

robdob
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed with all that shit, bitch! Quit stressing fam, bitch is doin me

😯

Did she really say that?????

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, so what docs do you need for a DL? (I guess I probably had a valid passport when I got mine, so the issue didn’t arise – not that my DL is any use as ID, but I think the grey beard probably gets me around that one)

edit: having checked https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence it seems you can apply for one with a birth certificate and NI card – does she not have both of those?

Neil-F
    Free Member

Driving licence was easy enough to get for my daughter, the passport required interviews, birth certificates and mummy and daddys passport details.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘18 year old's ID?’ is closed to new replies.