18 Bikes in Hope

Home Forum Bike Forum 18 Bikes in Hope

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • 18 Bikes in Hope
  • Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

No complaints about 18 from me.

They’ve always been great to me and free with good advice and excellent workshop. Sometimes their advice involves not spending money – I value such honesty.

They don’t really market themselves as a budget shop which is probably wise – who really wants to compete with CRC and have to do it in a tiny shop in The Peaks? What they stock isn’t unreasonably priced but is simply good stuff at non-volume prices. This is a standard LBS thing, and not really fair to complain about. You really need to carry on using small shops if you want them to still be there for you. It’s easy to forget when browsing the web that a Thompson dropper and a Reverb are actually very close in RRP, for instance. Reverbs tend to get discounted a lot more heavily.

I’ve heard complaints about every bike shop within an hour of Sheffield at some point, I think.

I’m certainly going to carry on going there!

jools182

No one said they were a budget shop or really complained about prices

The main gripe is customer service and general attitude

trambler

No complaints here. Spent ages in there on numerous occasions before eventually buying a frame & stuff for it.

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

The main gripe is customer service and general attitude

I’ve been in plenty of bike shops I could say this about, but 18 is not one of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘18 Bikes in Hope’ is closed to new replies.