• This topic has 33 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • 17 years old & £18m what would you spend it on?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Link to Article

New computer and some trainers seems a bit tame or more like his mum was listening…

To the STW floor and no crying about someone else getting rich 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Nothing by the sound of it, has all gone in to a trust fund until he is 18.

stumpy01

Citroën Saxo and a Demon Tweeks catalogue

johndoh
    Free Member

Coke

acola

iridebikes
    Free Member

I certainly wouldn’t be working in London like hi will be.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I certainly wouldn’t be working in London like hi will be.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How much does Eva Mendes cost?

hora
    Free Member

The lad will have his brain screwed on tight so no binge’ing!

toby1

Kid has talent and his head screwed on, fair play to him. Yahoo on the other hand are heading down the pan rapidly!

yunki
    Free Member

snakebite and black

theotherjonv

Clever boy! I’m not sure what I’d advise him to spend it on but I’d probably trust him more than me anyway.

A mate of mine’s daughter won the lottery on the first day it was run – not the top price but 5+ the bonus and picked up close on £80k. At the age of 16 that was a lot of money. She used it wisely too – after investing safely she could afford to buy her first house for Uni outright, rent rooms to her friends as an income, then rent it out to other students once she’d left and use that to cover the mortgage on the place she bought for herself, and so on until eventually releasing the equity in her first place plus a fair bit more! That’s what I always think when you hear of these massive lotto wins – if people were more prudent, instead of giving out 6 or 7 million for top prize, you could give the same out to 20 or 30 people by capping the top prize at 1/4 mill and then giving the sound advice with what that enables them to do.

I’m further on in life now, if I got £100k now that would set me up to live a happy life and be able to pack in working for ‘the man’ and go and work for a charity instead, which is my ambition. If I got £17 million I’d be able to sort out family and some close friends too, and then be able to really do something with charity.

Keeps wishing……

cranberry
    Free Member

I’d invest my the money in a *lot* of coke and hookers.

tomaso
    Free Member

/\ /\ /\ /\ What he said and emigrate somewhere hot like India or Morocco or Thailand

rossi46
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Coke & hookers

I’d waste the rest

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’d buy a little place in Canada near some good biking and snowboarding then spend the rest trying to get residency.

nealglover
    Free Member

by capping the top prize at 1/4 mill and then giving the sound advice with what that enables them to do.

It would “enable” me to not be able to afford an Average house round here 🙁

theotherjonv

I hear that – but would enable you to get a decent house for a manageable mortgage.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

years ago I cycled with a lad, about 18/19 who had inherited 3/4 mill from family who has died. He was a good DH-er and splashed his cash or full sus and tioga disk drive wheels and all the gear. He bought a house and car, didnt work but trained a bit. He crashed his suped up Astra a couple of years later and died taking with him his gf. Quite sad, nice lad.

johndoh
    Free Member

Other way round story from me – an ex’s old boyfriend was very badly hurt in a hit and run on the night before he was joining the army (left unable to father children, had to walk with sticks, partially paralysed).

Ended up with a not inconsiderate sum of money, bought a very expensive car (Opel Mantra GT/E I recall) and suddenly found himself with loads of friends. He spent his days in the pub getting wasted, buying expensive toys and then getting bored of them and giving them to ‘friends’.

Last I heard it was all gone – money and friends.

DezB
    Free Member

?
    For those quiet nights

DrP

£18 mil, ooh, what a prize kitty…

I’d buy lots of ‘average’ houses and rent them out…
    I’d put a large sum into ‘ringfenced’ accounts for current/future children..
    I’d buy myself a nice big house in the country..

I’d carry on working, but very part time.

I’d become an ‘angel investor’ of some type, OK in the knowledge that a lot of the ideas I invest in will fail and/or be bonkers…

DrP

DrP

And i’d treat Dez to his robo-girlfriend…

DrP

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Thinking back 20 odd years … I would have bought a zooped up Mini and a new set of American football pads

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d get some decent english language classes for his mother.
    “I knew he was a little out of the box”, pardon?

DezB
    Free Member

And i’d treat Dez to his robo-girlfriend…

You could do that anyway…

johndoh
    Free Member

I would have bought a zooped up Mini

Yeah!

Like this deseamed beauty…

toaster93
    Free Member

Yeah!

Like this deseamed beauty…

I’d rather have this one…. slightly biased though 😉 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Pfft – it has the newer rear light cluster so it is an immediate fail 😉

toaster93
    Free Member

Pfft – it has the newer rear light cluster so it is an immediate fail

Mk2s don’t suit Cherry red 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Are they Carlos Fandango wheels?

johndoh
    Free Member

They look like minilites to me 🙂

toaster93
    Free Member

Are they Carlos Fandango wheels?

Nearly 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Awesome!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqZ28m8uCo[/video]

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘17 years old & £18m what would you spend it on?’ is closed to new replies.