160mm forks on a Codeine 29er ??

Home Forum Bike Forum 160mm forks on a Codeine 29er ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 160mm forks on a Codeine 29er ??
  • scary_carey

I run a set of Pike 160’s DPA’s on mine. I’ve also fitted it with a 2 degree slackset and offset bushes. IMO the bike rides a lot better like this than it did with 140 forks and without the slacky bits
    Go for it!

renton

Even as my only bike mate.

scary_carey

I suppose it all comes down to what and where you ride. Its defo my go to bike for most occasions and I rarely drop the travel on the fork to 140. It still climbs really well and its an absolute riot when you point it down.

renton

As title

Found some yari 160mm for £20 less than a 150mm version

Wouod they be alright on a Codeine or too much ?

Cheers.

Steve.

renton

V666….

Mate I need to replace the Sektor that is damaged.

Premier Icon russyh
    Subscriber

How the hell have you damaged it Renton?

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

I run a set of Pike 160’s DPA’s on mine. I’ve also fitted it with a 2 degree slackset and offset bushes

Scary , did you try it with just the slackset first ? Or straight in with both ?

scary_carey

CheesybeanZ – I put the slack set in first and ran it with a set of RS Rev’s. Made the bike feel so much better, but I just hated the noodly divey nature of the Revs. The Pikes transformed the bike, and made it feel a lot more compliant in pretty much every application…. Steep, fast, tech, it just seems to handle drama so much better than it did with a straight headset and 140mm forks

woodster

I had 160 Pikes on mine with a 1 degree slackset and it felt ok, but I prefer it with 150mm MRP Stage which has a slightly lower A2C than a 150mm Pike. The lower front end makes it feel a bit more manoeuvrable.

renton

Cheers guys.

Im on the look out for a 150mm fork now but there seems to be nowt about secondhand.

I may try an offset bush on it. Don’t really want to go angleset as it will shorten the length.

gibbonarms

I’ve tried a 150mm and 160mm pike fork on mine but have always gone back to my 140mm RS Rev which is how I’m rebuildng mine now.

In my opinion it handles a lot lot better with the 140mm fork.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

I may try an offset bush on it. Don’t really want to go angleset as it will shorten the length.

Forgive my ignorance but how does an offset bush not reduce the length but a slack set does?

Renton I might be wrong but pretty sure a longer fork or angleset on their own will both reduce reach but if you run them both together then the loss is minimised. At least that’s what some of the online geometry calculators showed for my bike. I’ve gone and done it now anyway….

renton

The fork that was on it was a 140mm so upping it to 150mm shouldnt affect it too much Im hoping.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.