• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 16:06 2 weeks of this job to go
  • toby1

How do I make it through to leaving time without making it obvious I am doing bugger all, or have I already failed as I am posting this?

Very open plan office by the way, so no suggestions of watching smut on my overlooked monitor!

kelron
    Free Member

Read websites with nice black and white colour schemes 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

They call that vintage pron

bigblackshed

Are you leaving your job of your own free will? Or are you being made redundant?

If the latter then feet on the desk and find the most annoying music available and play it loudly.

toby1

own free will

Sadly this is my own doing, however, the tail end of 3 months notice and it’s really starting to DRAG!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I have until Xmas to push 😭😭 it’s soul destroying

toby1

I have a week off next week then one final week to get through, it’s going to involve a lot of long beer infused lunches I feel!

rene59
    Free Member

Load up an ebook into word and sit and read that with a few alternative work related word docs ready in other tabs you can easily switch to. Works for me and I’m not even leaving.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Four weeks to go here

Software developer so i’ve been told not to start anything new that I can’t get through test & into live, just finish off what’s already in test. Can’t see this keeping me busy for another 18 working days

st

3 weeks & 2 days left of my 3 months. Should have plenty to keep me busy though so not all bad here.

dissonance

So long as you have provided any training that has been asked for I would be expecting you to be slacking.

Software developer so i’ve been told not to start anything new

Damn right. I would personally be wanting you to stop adding new things at all. Not that I dont trust QA not to manage to test stuff properly and so drop the issue into someone elses lap a couple of months after go live.

jonnyboi

Offer to work from home

jimmy

Have access to any sensitive data? Drop that into a conversation with your boss and wait for the invite to go on gardening leave.

Then – ride bikes.

dashed
    Free Member

Have a grown up conversation with your boss and tell him you’ve got bugger all to do so is there anything he wants from you or would he mind if you work from home. Agree to call / email every day to check if there’s anything he needs from you.

rickmeister

Headphones + podcasts + Desert Island Discs

garage-dweller

Dashed has it.

Nothing worse than having someone kicking their heels round the office (for good reason). Especially in open plan it’s not good for the rest of the team to see someone not doing anything.

Unless of course you have a glut of holiday that they will invite you to use rather than pay you for it.

jimster01

find yourself a nice quiet corner, take your bike into work, and give it a good service.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why worry about being caught slacking?  What are they going to do, fire you?

munrobiker
    Free Member

find yourself a nice quiet corner, take your bike into work, and give it a good service.

This is what I’ve been doing. I’ve got 6 working days left of roughly 2 months’ notice but have serviced all my bikes, both my wife’s bikes and a bike I’ve been doing up for a mate.

tomhoward

What are they going to do, fire you?

This. Unless you do something illegal/dangerous, it’s not worth the bother.

we had a lad come in to the office in his last fortnight and he was off his face on ketamine, so we sent him home. We then got a phone call from a nearby office building saying ‘is this lad one of yours? Come get him now!’ So boss went over then took him home. Textbook way of nuking your bridges from orbit….

toby1

I am still doing some hand-over, but the person I’m handing over to isn’t available all the time (currently works in another area of the business).

I still give a crap and working from home is hard as all I do is talk to people who are all in the office in London.

Can’t bring my bike in as it’s not a folder and part of the reason for dropping this job is going from a 60+ mile London commute to an 8 mile each way bike commute.

I’ve been watching some useful videos on coaching and Agile data stuffs, yeah, most people would hate me if they met me 😉

avdave2

I find this site ideal at work, the amount of times it causes me to look nonplussed, confused and disbelieving just makes it look like I must be working on something very important and that I am not to be disturbed.

IHN

without making it obvious I am doing bugger all

Why do you care?

I’m two weeks into three months notice and still trying negotiate an earlier leaving date, so I still need to appear keen and professional in order to stay in the good books. Once the date is agreed, that attitude may start to wain…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘16:06 2 weeks of this job to go’ is closed to new replies.