Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 150mm plus uppy downy seatposts. What is out there? What is good?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I notice Bikeyoke have the 185mm revive which looks great, there is also a Giant contact 150mm but I am not sure that is long enough, are there any others?

batman11
    Free Member

Reverb, fox, ks, pretty much all of them do a 150mm drop set up these days.
    bikeyoke, nearest is 160mm but the lower collar/seal is narrower by a good 15mm so it can go lower in the frame.
    It also has the revive switch which is great for if the air moves around.

timmys

Reverb 170 mm is also available

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

My Revive 185mm just arrived, quite excited, I even love the packaging (it looks like a bottle of overpriced craft gin). I did have a reverb 170mm, well actually I had 3, 2 were replaced on warranty and the 3rd got stolen… Actually, I was still pretty happy with it, for just over £200 you get something that works great when it works, generally fails soft when it doesn’t so it’s not too bad, and then you get a new one on warranty. (or you can DIY fix it easily)

KS have a longer one but it doesn’t look like good value. 9Point8 seem to be a reliability disaster (and it’s not like Reverbs are exactly awesome on this…)

al2000

My Revive 160 is great, the only problem I have with it is that it’s not a 185.

kimbers

My 150lev is great, but started sticking, needs a service, again

Interesting to see how the revive works out for northwind

Edit, just seen how much the 185 is, ouch!

the00
    Free Member

9point8 fall line is available with up to 200mm drop. Love my 150. Don’t look at the price though.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Whats the reliability issue with 9.8?

jim25

That revive looks like a great idea. Never heard of that before! I’m after a a longer than 150 drop on my yeti and that looks just the ticket, pricy though.

the00
    Free Member

5plusn8 – Member
    Whats the reliability issue with 9.8?

I don’t know. I’m happy with mine. 2years of use and I’ve greased the top seal once – when it started to get a bit slow to return.

Northwind

The guy I know who had one, had 2 identical failures within a month, just stopped fully returning. Warrantied (slowly) the first time and refunded the second. Spoke to a few other folk who had the exact same issue.

johnw1984
    Free Member

My Revive has bee great, right up till Friday night when I tried to put some air in it. Think the valve stuck open.

Operated the lever and pushed the post down and it shat it’s oil everywhere (through the air valve) 🙁

I’ll phone TF on Tuesday to see if it’s a warranty issue.

fanatic278
    Free Member

My 9point8 has been faultless for nearly two years (I bought the first U.K. shipment). Just a bit of a faff to install.

johndb
    Free Member

As the 9point8 UK reseller I just want to jump in and respond to the comments by Northwind.
    In my experience the Fall Line is incredibly reliable – I’ve been running mine for over 2 years with zero issues.
    I have only had a handful of warranty returns in two years and I always try and get replacements out as quickly as I can.

I can’t comment on individual customer returns but I did check my warranty list and did have one customer who had two posts that were returned under warranty but on inspection both were found to be 100% OK.

The post is proven to be one of the most reliable on the market so I absolutely do not consider them to be a reliability disaster!

I don’t normally “do” forums but I do stand behind the quality of 9point8 posts.

Cheers
    John
    Shorelines Distribution

Northwind

Hi John,

That’s fair enough to respond that way- and interesting about my mate’s return, it must be him… Permission to slag him off for being a hypochondriac or would that be an abuse of the information? 😆 He put me right off too.

Re the Revive, mine got nicked last night! Never even got it fitted and someone nabbed it, probably the same bastard that nicked the Reverb it was replacing. So further reviews will have to wait… It was really purty though and he fitting istructions are excellently Germanic and exacting.

johndb
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind – noticed you’re up in Edinburgh.
    The customer I was referring to was down south and it seemed to be more of an issue with cable routing among other things on a particular bike, but do have other guys using the Fall Line on the same bike so it was a bit of a mystery!
    – anyway can’t really comment on your mates situation as I don’t know the customer details but keen to know who it was.
    Feel free to email me directly and I can reply off forum!

Cheers
    John

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You got broken into again NW? ffs….

Northwind

Cheers John!

Yup Nobeer, classic “come back and get the replacements”. Bikes are all safe though thanks to battleship chains but the dude obviously has something for my saddles… Witnesses this time so might make some progress. Total bollocks though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s shit mate, all the best.

kimbers

Absolute shite Northwind, on a selfish note I was looking forward to your review of the revive !

martinhutch

The only thing I don’t like about the revive is the handlebar fitting on the remote (I’ve got the one designed to go next to a shifter, not the underbar one). It’s a spanner job rather than an allen key, so if it goes loose mid ride it’s a PITA.

Otherwise it’s been faultless.

5plusn8
    Free Member

From an evidence based policy point of view, reverbs and revives are obviously too dangerous to own as they get stolen the most. The 2017 equivalent of a 1988 XR4… 9.8 it is.

Northwind

Good point that- lets all get Joplin 4s, nobody’d steal one of them.

lungman

I had my revive a whole 2 weeks in the alps and had to revive it at least 4-5 times a day. returned to TF tuned they had it for over 2 weeks before saying they could not find any problem and refunding my money. Nice idea in having it to be able to bleed easily but i don’t think it should have to be done that often.

al2000

I often have to revive my Revive, usually after the bike has been upside down in the car, sometimes if it has been laid flat while out on a ride. There’s always a reason though, it never goes spongy by itself.

Not really an issue for me as reviving it takes a couple of seconds. I’ve got a quick reset lever on order as well which will make it even easier (I think the newer ones are fitted with this as standard).

martinhutch

I had my revive a whole 2 weeks in the alps and had to revive it at least 4-5 times a day

Once every couple of rides for me, normally if I’ve forgotten not to lift it up by the saddle.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘150mm plus uppy downy seatposts. What is out there? What is good?’ is closed to new replies.