Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 150mm Droppers with total length less than 450mm and £100!
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Moon on stick probably.
    Got a 2016 Specialized Enduro in Large. Slotting in a normal seatpost gets it about 220mm inserted before it stops. Saddle rails at normal height are then 230mm above the top of seat tube. I want 150mm of drop.

The above means I can’t get a Brand X (480mm) which is what I was hoping. I don’t want a Reverb as I’d like to go cable. OneUp is short enough, but pricy. So what other options are out there other than being patient for a second hand OneUp?

johnw1984
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say the One Up is pricey for a dropper, pretty much in the middle.

If you got a Reverb, you can convert them to cable (I have one in my spares box that I converted with a Bikeyoke kit, needs a service though.

Rickos
    Free Member

Cheers, John. I’m basing it all on a Brand X, which is kind of pointless now as it won’t fit. I know the OneUp is good value in the whole scheme of things.

Did look at cable conversion of a Reverb, but it was the same price as a second hand Reverb from memory (about £70?).

cp

The brand X external cable certain should work?

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/brand-x-ascend-ii-105125150mm-dropper-seatpost/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=101876742&kpid=101876742&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mckv|sw1nH3JxB_dm|mcrid|295292317327|mkw||mmt||mrd|101876742uk|mslid||&mkwid=sw1nH3JxB_dm&pcrid=295292317327&prd=101876742uk&pgrid=58852352866&ptaid=pla-521010019580&gclid=CjwKCAiApOvwBRBUEiwAcZGdGEUFuTjN_EjSA5wd-KFDr_JgwFES1-asUtYneUXZBOXYMOaUU6wazBoC4TwQAvD_BwE

johnw1984
    Free Member

I know what you mean with the Brand X, it’s makes them all look overpriced! 🙂

5lab

if the giant branded one fits, there’s a barely used one in my toolbox somewhere. I think they’re 440mm long?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like you need a secondhand OneUp.

SirHC

Buy the OneUp, reliable, short length and can be easily serviced at home.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks all. I can get a new Giant for £90 from Winstanleys (Giant dropper doesn’t seem to get great reviews though) but have also been offered a OneUp, so hopefully I’m sorted one way or the other.

binman

Friend has a Giant dropper, it was great when new but I wouldn’t recommend it. It suffers (gets sticky) in muddy conditions and the black stantion (?) coating has worn away at the back. It has been disassembled and cleaned a couple of times…

johnw1984
    Free Member

Go with the One Up. The only experience I’ve had with a Giant dropper was my father in law’s that had hardly been used.

Coating coming off the back of the dropper and it failed by not being able to stay up. This was someone who has probably used it a total of 20 ish times over a few years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘150mm Droppers with total length less than 450mm and £100!’ is closed to new replies.