Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 15 quid frame bag
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Took  punt on one of these, seems pretty decent, fits my M genesis core 40 pretty spot on. Think it’s more splash proof than waterproof, but should withstand some rain. for 15 quid, aye no bad is the verdict seems well made. will save me 55 quid on getting a custom alpkit one! this is the large.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006JA8WEG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I await the horror at the scratched up frame and cellotape to hold on the break hose! 😆

tjagain

I have one of them as well – suprisingly good for the money

seosamh77
    Free Member

yeah, pleasantly surprised too. I’ve got a can of that spray water proofing stuff you get too. Think I’ll give it a spray with that to beef up the water proofing and I’ll be good to go.

joshvegas
    Free Member

15 quid plus the cost of an alternative and less gooderer water transportation system…

nedrapier

While we’re on budget frame bags, there’s the Lomo one too for a little bit more.  bit less space by the looks of things, but waterproof.

http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/the-budget-bikepacker-1-lomo.html

scotroutes

I’ve had the Lomo bag on my fatbike through the winter and can’t knock it at all. Robust, waterproof, lots of strapping points to keep it taught.

sl2000

I was looking for a cheap seat pack to do a few longer rides this summer. The Lomo one looked perfect but is out of stock. Went for this £21 job from Amazon and it’s great. Easily fits tools, tube, pump, waterproof, jersey and snacks. Didn’t feel any wobbling at all. The closure was a bit tricky with both waterproof and jersey on (so bag almost empty) but just looked rubbish rather than letting anything out.

rOcKeTdOg

reminds me of but not in a bad way

woody2000

I have one of those bags OP – they are definitely not waterPROOF (resistant maybe) – they definitely let water in somewhere.  Just lacking a downtube loop IMO, but for the cash hard to complain.  Loads of room inside, perfect for dry weather MTB or light touring.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Just put your stuff inside a dry bag surely??

kcr
    Free Member

I noticed Decathlon had a cheap under-top-tube frame bag in stock last time I was in.

epicyclo

They’re good value for the money. I’ve been using one for a few years.

As for not being waterproof, that’s not a problem. I don’t want waterproof, just water resistant. I poked a couple of wee holes in the bottom so any water getting in, goes straight out. I do that with any bike luggage.

I long ago learned that waterproof means it can fill with water rather than protect what’s in it from water – for that I use plastic bags.

Its only problem is I found I was filling it up with “useful” stuff when it didn’t need to be. 🙂

Cougar

I await the horror at the scratched up frame and cellotape to hold on the break hose!

I’m more horrified by your spelling, TBH. (-:

whitestone
    Free Member

Its only problem is I found I was filling it up with “useful” stuff when it didn’t need to be.

The cure for that is a smaller bag 🙂

paule
    Free Member

I’ve got one, and can just squeeze a large bottle in the downtube cage under it (on an XL frame).  Only thing I’ve done is snip off the zip pulleys and replace with cord as they rattled.

epicyclo

whitestone

The cure for that is a smaller bag

Exactly the cure I have applied. 🙂

Stainypants

I have one.  My mate saw this tip on another forum.   To make it more secure i put a helix ruler inside, drilled hole lining up with the bottle bosses then fasted it to the frame the the bottle bolts worked a treat.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘15 quid frame bag’ is closed to new replies.