Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 140mm Lyrik bargain! £295
  • coconut
    Free Member

140mm Lyrik @ £295 on Chainreaction website currently. They are OM with Rush dampener. I purchased on for my Ragley Big Al. Anyone else in ? Great bargain.

binman

Link ??

Kramer
    Free Member

It’s not quite such a bargain when you account for the fact that it has a Rush, not a Charger 2 damper.

GeForceJunky

Yeah there doesn’t seem to be much said about the Rush damper online, anyone have any experience how good it is? The Yari @ £134 was a much better starting point if it isn’t a good damper.

Are they better/worse/same than/as the £299 Lyrik Selects (29’er/150mm basic Charger damper) that I bought when doing my build?

Mine do a job and are ok. Don’t seem any better (maybe not even quite as good as) the basic 2019 Lyriks I took off my ebike

benpinnick

They’re technically lower spec than a Select fork, whether that means they’re better or worse, I couldn’t say as I haven’t ridden the base fork. It’s not a £700 fork to start though. Maybe if it has a price it would start with a 5 or 6.

coconut
    Free Member

Well it now starts with a 2😎

coconut
    Free Member

What’s the perceived issue with the Rush Charger then ?

Kramer
    Free Member

It’s a cheaper damper and to upgrade to the Charger costs a fair amount of money.

I’m not saying it’s bad, just that those Lyriks aren’t available to buy retail, and so the price they’re being sold at isn’t quite the bargain that you’d think as the forks are low spec OEM.

coconut
    Free Member

The website clearly states they are OEM. I tend not to buy stuff to upgrade, happy to use and think they will be great for £295. But good to know, thanks

chestrockwell

Was the same for the Sid’s that came on the cheap Vitus Rapide that CRC were knocking out. Couldn’t find any information/reviews so it put me off.

asbrooks

You can see the damper in the SRAM manual. From the image it looks like it’s closer charger damper design than a MOCO damper.
    Linky page 18.

coconut
    Free Member

Is that a good thing ?

howdoo
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve got a Rush RC damper in a ZEB on my ebike.  I was expecting to upgrade it to a charger 2 or 3 almost immediately based on my past experience many years ago with the MoCo damper. I remember the difference between them and the blackbox damper or push damper was huge.

A year later the Rush damper is still in the ZEB. It’s performance is OK, maybe the ebike weight helps mask some of the limitations. For comparision/ref I’ve ridden other high performance dampers, Manitou Mezzer pros, Ohlins, Fox performance elite etc.

Hope that helps.

a11y

Is that a good thing ?

Yes, most definitely if the Rush is indeed close in design to MoCo damper.

Motion Control is basic. Charger design in general is more advanced and rides better – IMO copes much better with repeated impacts and doesn’t spike anywhere near as badly.

But also, not all Charger dampers are the same. Bottom one is Charger R removed from my bargain Zeb, top one is Charger 2 that replaced it. Yet to ride it but heard nothing good about the Charger R so factored in an upgrade when buying it.

Dampers

asbrooks

Does the Lyrik take the same airspring as the Pike?

benpinnick

^ No.

GeForceJunky

No, Pike/Revelation are compatible, but not with Lyrik/Yari.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

If it’s a latest lyrik and if it can be upgraded to charger 3 it’s a good purchase, if you can get the charger 3 for under £300 jobs a good un.

bens
    Free Member

The Rush damper is in the service manual, page 130 onwards.

Download linky

SRAM downloads page

Piston and the ports look similar to the MoCo damper but it’s contained within a solid tube rather than that perforated thing on the MoCo. How well it works I guess depends on oil flow through the piston. MoCo was flawed here and couldn’t flow enough which created harshness. Maybe they’ve improved things with the Rush? It seems that the Lyric with Rush damper is classed as a ‘base’ model so I guess this is the replacement for MoCo.

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t understand why RS have to have so many different dampers. It’s confusing even for us bike nerds.

I know they’re bigger in the middle market than Fox, but I don’t think it’s helpful to have Lyriks, Pikes and Zebs available with at least three different dampers.

At least with Fox you know you’re getting a good damper, whether it’s a Grip or Grip2 (the Fit4 seems to have gone now).

RS currently have the Charger 3, Charger RC(?), Rush, Moco, Turnkey… and anything else?

benpinnick

Fox have Grip, Grip 2, Rail and FIT4 in the current line up, and their line up doesn’t go down as far as Turnkey price wise, so its comparable I think.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.