Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 140mm 29er forks
  • Andy

Anyone seen any good deals on 140mm 29er forks please? Something like the dual position 110-140 Revelations would be ideal. Thanks! 😀

the_lecht_rocks

http://Www.gravity-sports.co.uk is your friend….

Andy

Thanks TLR. Sadly no forks listed 🙁

Candodavid
    Free Member

I got mine from Bike24.de

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i bet you a million quid you wouldn’t use the travel adjust, i thought i would once and bought talas terralogics, never moved the travel

just get float 34 140’s job done

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered Fox 34 Floats for my new Nicolai Helius AC. If you’re going to be building a 140mm travel 29er then I think you need to be using the stiffest fork out there. I found the 26er 150mm Revelations to be far to noodly on my hardtail so that put me off anything from Rockshox, and the 29er 120mm Fox 32’s on the first demo bike I tried weren’t much better. The 34’s fitted to the 140mm Helius AC demo bike felt pretty good by comparison and if the angles of the frame are sorted you should hopefully manage without travel adjust.

Andy

i bet you a million quid you wouldn’t use the travel adjust

maybe, maybe not 😀 used to use the TALAS on my 26er. Like my Turner Sultan at 120mm, need a set of forks for another bike, so want to try it at 140mm

just get float 34 140’s job done

If i could find them for the same price as Bike24; £460 (thanks Candodavid!) maybe…anyway Rockshoks ordered

EDIT: Thanks Yetiman – will see how get on with the Rockshox for now. Fair comments about the 34’s though 😀

roverpig

i bet you a million quid you wouldn’t use the travel adjust, i thought i would once and bought talas terralogics, never moved the travel

On the other hand, I’ve recently put a set of Revelation dual position (120 & 150mm) forks on an old Orange Five and really like the two positions. Almost like having two bikes.

Cheers,

Andy

Macavity
    Free Member

It might not be a Salsa frame but

http://salsacycles.com/support/faq/

“Salsa says its frames are designed around a certain length of travel fork. Can I run a fork with more travel than what Salsa recommends?
    No. You should not ride with a longer than recommended travel fork. We state the recommended fork length because the frame is designed to be used with that length for two important reasons.

One: the bike will handle best when used with the recommended fork length.

Two: Frames are designed around a certain length fork so that they have the proper strength requirements to withstand the use they will occur. When you put a longer than recommended fork onto a bike, you increase the leverage the fork is applying to the frame, and thereby increase the load that the frame needs to handle. The frame may not be able to handle this increased load and could then fail.

Please use common sense when building up any bicycle. Frames are designed with specific intent. Don’t try to turn your frame into something it isn’t. This is true for all bicycle brands, not just Salsa.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘140mm 29er forks’ is closed to new replies.