Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,032 total)
  • "1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"
  • Lifer
    Free Member

digga – Member
    that people can’t see when they’re being played.

Who’s playing who?

The foster care row provided Ukip with a boost before a parliamentary byelection in Rotherham last year

chip
    Free Member

So who did the children go to, were they polish?

project
    Free Member

a local law firm is now planning on sueing west Yorks police and the counciil for their failings on behalf of the victims, expect many more victims to now come forward along with anothe inquiry into the previous inquiries and the curent one.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So who did the children go to, were they polish?

God knows, but I should imagine someone who spoke the correct eastern European language.

If they ended up in residential care long term then you may……just may…. almost have a point.

ninfan
    Free Member

Tom, But they were not taken away from their parents for anything like the same reason

Social services on mental health grounds like to place children with families that encourage the awareness of the childs own culture.

Personally I’d rather see a ‘coloured’ (horrible word, and I’m using colour as a simplification of the complex issues of race and culture) child in a caring white foster or adopted family, however deliberately taking them away from their loving and caring families and culture to ‘normalise’ or ‘assimilate’ them into polite society is a completely different thing, as you well know.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

white foster or adopted family than an institution

Yeah, we don’t whether they were put into residential care or not. So I don’t think accusations can be made.

‘normalise’ or ‘assimilate’ them into polite white society is a completley different thing, as you well know.

Which is supposedly precisely how a lot of black children feel now, when they do end up in the care of white foster parents. Which is why the social services try to place children with parents who have a closer cultural identity.

And when it doubt there is always Occam’s razor – take the view with the least assumptions. Stating that those children were removed because of left wing bias against UKIP, is to make a hell of a lot of assumptions about the case that we are not privy to.

chip
    Free Member

I could not give a **** what colour or religion people are,as long as they are good people, and treat everyone with the respect I would expect untill they prove otherwise.

But if people have different views to mine I don’t just brand them a racist and that be an end to it.

The town I grew up in has a very large polish community that has appeared in a very short space of time.

People are seeing our police force being decimated and police stations sold for posh flats.
    They are seeing hospitals and A&Es closed and being at the point they are about to implode.
    They are seeing our armed forces being seriously cut back .
    They are seeing there schools overcrowded with oversubscribed classrooms and portacabins for extra classrooms were their used to be a football pitch.

And they are seeing a high level of immigration and immigrants on the ground.
    And this could all be a coincidence and be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5.

I personally believe this country Is potless due to the enormous social security bill which may or may not be affected by immigration.

But just because I consider my self not racist as in I don’t believe I am better than anyone else and treat everyone with respect does not mean I agree with mass immigration. And I am sure there are people who would happily banned me a racist but would treat some differently or look down on them because of race.

I am sure there are racists in ukip but because you support ukip does not make you a racist .

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I am sure there are racists in ukip but because you support ukip does not make you a racist .

And that’s not the reason why they were removed…

I personally believe this country I potless due to the enormous social security bill which may or may not be affected by immigration.

Most of it’s blown on old people, I’m sure you’ve heard the whole aging population thing before….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

chip, you sound more like a BNP voter* to me tbh.

*not necessarily racist.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t think Chip would ever vote BNP imo, that’s a bit harsh. Plays into the hands of the usual right-wing counter – that we always label them as racist. The left needs to find a way to engage the disaffected working classes again…

I do think fears about immigration are understandable, I just don’t think they are entirely justified…..note entirely.

We can see from the Israeli-Palestine threads what political polarization at it’s most extreme looks like, America is a good example as well. Do we really want our politics to end up looking like Americas? God no.

*ramble over*

mefty
    Free Member

God knows, but I should imagine someone who spoke the correct eastern European language.

If they ended up in residential care long term then you may……just may…. almost have a point.

They were apparently placed with another white British family according to this BBC report, if that is the case then the council’s position seems be untenable. But then this is the council, who on release of the report, released a press release whose first paragraph said the the report concluded that its child services were stronger and better co-ordinated. (See this twitter feed

chip
    Free Member

I do think fears about immigration are understandable, I just don’t think they are entirely justified…..note entirely.

My point exactly.

Deadlydarcy, you are either rich or stupid, for your sake I hope you are rich.

badnewz
    Free Member

Deadlydarcy, you are either rich or stupid,

Or ginger or scottish!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They were apparently placed with another white British family according to this BBC report, if that is the case then the council’s position seems be untenable. But then this is the council, who on release of the report, released a press release whose first paragraph said the the report concluded that its child services were stronger and better co-ordinated. (See this twitter feed

Nice find, any idea of whether they spoke the language? If social services felt the new family were more likely to provide the children with a positive awareness of their own background then that’s somewhat of a justification.

We don’t know whether that was a long term placement either, as that BBC report came out in 2012.

My point exactly.

Don’t take that as a swinging endorsement of UKIP policies, take that as empathy with the working classes.

chip
    Free Member

I should have added lucky to my choices.

Because they are what you would have to be to not be affected either by the massive cuts in public spending or mass immigration.

mefty
    Free Member

It does not say but as the initial placement was a short term emergency one, I envisage this one was as well. The fact that it says “families” implies the kids were spread among more than one. If the council had found a suitable long term foster parent of the same culture, I am sure they would have said so as they were under so much media pressure.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@chip well said, its just the cheap catch all insult to brand people as racist who make such statements plus STW likes a good bit of name calling.

project
    Free Member

Racism is just a new word for saying you dont like someone, but now becoming seemingly more acceptable against one group of people by another group of people.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Racism is just a new word for saying you dont like someone, but now becoming seemingly more acceptable against one group of people by another group of people.

Do you accept that racism exists?

I would argue that some use your line of reasoning as a way of shutting down debate around racial issues, just as some use the word itself to shut down certain arguments.

project
    Free Member

“youre a racist”, is indeed used to stifle debate and also to demean certain sections of society,who for whatever reason have a dislike for a certain group of people.

lots of people dont like others for some reason, on this forum it seems to a hatred of the unemployed, so called benefit scroungers and chav scum, but only by a certain few.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I still stand by them doing that chip, not because they are racist but because the bigger the cultural gap between the children and the foster parents the worse the mental health outcomes are for the children.

but having a certain political affiliation isn’t a “cultural” thing, arguably the diversity of political opinion within our culture is one of it’s strengths

It doesn’t mean they should be banned from fostering and I don’t think they were. It just means that there are people more suited to those individual children.

my understanding is that they stopped fostering

Fostering isn’t a right.

nor is it a tool for political indoctrination or gerrymandering based on a left wing ideology

The social services have to make a judgement based on the child’s best interests, not the foster parents. If those children were damaged in anyway, then they would be responsible

on a scale of likely harm in a short term placement and in the context of the reports out this week may I postulate the social work team should have been focusing their efforts elsewhere at the time

anyway Tom are you NSPCC?

nealglover
    Free Member

Ah, Mr Glover, champion of the vulnerable.

As always you’ve totally missed my point, and had a mild to at insinuating I think child abuse is ok (classy) 🙄

My point is, the more people like you bang on and on and on, about “links” and “rumours” between everyone and everything, the less everyone else will believe.

You aren’t doing “the vulnerable” any favours at all.

You are wrapping it up in a “conspiracy theory” layer of tinfoil, and making everyone else treat it with the same amount of attention they give to Lizard Overlords and Moonbase Observation posts.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Yes sir Mr Glover sir, you are truly a man of wisdom and insight and I bow before you (in a moonie)

Do detectives have conspiracy theories? Or just theories?

Would it help if I had a magnifying glass or a lollipop?

I trust you have been doing ample research of your own to prove your concern for the plight of children in care in the hope that issues can be highlighted for positive change.

To placate you for my doubtless sins, I include a link to the blog of MP John Hemming, who has also been investigating the mysterious case surround Haut de la Garenne on Jersey:

http://johnhemming.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-disappearance-of-children-from-care.html

Due to your knowledge on the subject, I’m sure you can tell me how many children go missing each year?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

or ginger or Scottish

I might be a bit stupid, but the rest are wrong I’m afraid. I’m not that lucky either. Never won a thing in a raffle or anything similar. 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

I trust you have been doing ample research of your own to prove your concern for the plight of children….

Due to your knowledge on the subject, I’m sure you can tell me how many children go missing each year?

Here’s an idea….

Just for a change, instead of totally ignoring what I said.

Then testing my knowledge of something I didn’t even claim to have any knowledge of in the first place….

why don’t you at least try to address the point I actually made ?

(Just to help you stay on track, why don’t you quote the actual words I wrote, that way you can stay on track and not start making things up that I didn’t say?)

dd23
    Free Member

Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

to add to the conspiracy theories how many of the leaders of social services, the council, the safeguarding children board and the police in Rotherham are alumni of http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/ ?

more good reading here http://rotherhampolitics.wordpress.com/

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Thanks for that big n daft, seems you’re not daft at all 😉

Philby

Seems the former councillor responsible for children’s services at Rotherham Council and the current South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, Shaun Wright, has resigned from the Labour Party but not from his PCC role. What a complete selfish t**t not having the balls to take some responsibility for these horrendous cases of abuse of hundreds of children 🙁

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Resignation offers too much retention of self esteem and they can always plead they were forced to do so, sack them all, every last one who turned a blind eye, ignored the evidence, failed to investigate or follow up accusations. Then prosecute each and every one of them to the absolute maximum possible for whatever offence will hit them hardest, minions to managers, administrators to leaders. 1200 children’s lives have been ruined, their childhood stolen.
    Big n Daft – as someone who grew up in Rotherham I am rarely surprised by what I hear of the behaviour of the council and some of its members. I’m sure that there must be some excellent people but they seem to be continually overshadowed by their less capable colleagues.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

anyway Tom are you NSPCC?

Nope, nor a quack or anything related to the matter at hand.

but having a certain political affiliation isn’t a “cultural” thing, arguably the diversity of political opinion within our culture is one of it’s strengths

Yes, yes it really is. The vast majority of UKIP members and voters are white.

my understanding is that they stopped fostering

Stopped or forced to stop?

on a scale of likely harm in a short term placement and in the context of the reports out this week may I postulate the social work team should have been focusing their efforts elsewhere at the time

Maybe.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

MrsCat has just pointed out my error that it was 1400 children and that is more than the entire school population of the comp we both attended in sunny Rotherham. It’s hard to conceive of something on that scale not being discovered without a significant amount of collusion or conspiracy.

Well worth reading Big n Daft’s links, especially the blog that mentions the intimidation and threats the author received when trying to publicise the case of the victims.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Tom you were so careful to use the same language as Joyce Thacker about the culture of the foster parents that I thought you were in a common purpose with her?

However the notion that political party membership defines you culturally in absolute terms is clear trolling, or stupidity

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Not sure either way about the whole common purpose thing, but heard before it may be an avenue worth investigating.

Just stumbled across this on twitter if it’s any help to you big n daft:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/charitable_donations_2

Admit this may be a conspiracy theory, but given government can hold back Iraq inquiry, it’s a bit strange that they release a report which damages the reputation of South Yorkshire Police just after involvement with Cliff Richard

digga
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member
    to add to the conspiracy theories how many of the leaders of social services, the council, the safeguarding children board and the police in Rotherham are alumni of http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/ ?

In my personal opinion, highly relevant in the whole “newspeak” PC groupthink mindset. You also need top consider, of all the public sector bodies that have been demonstrated to have fallen below standards, how would the majority of their employees vote?

Anyway, some revealing stats on this: http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-warns-against-focus-on-race-after-major-grooming-study

26% of grooming gangs are “Asian” – so clearly not all. However, taken against the another statistic, that Asians are only 7% of the population, it is worrying and it is unfortunate the demographic is not/cannot be further dissected.

More here: http://lawandfreedomfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Easy-Meat-Multiculturalism-Islam-and-Child-Sex-Slavery-05-03-2014.pdf

ninfan
    Free Member

Very interesting article here from a respected journo and womens campaigner:

http://www.juliebindel.org/?p=76

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

The more i hear about what goes on, the more i believe David Icke is right.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ferris-Beuller – Member
    The more i hear about what goes on, the more i believe David Icke is right.

Why, did he break the grooming story?

digga
    Free Member

Colossally hard-hitting and damning article in the Telegraph today: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059138/Rotherham-In-the-face-of-such-evil-who-is-the-racist-now.html

It covers a lot of what we’ve already discussed, but it is nonetheless interesting as an extremely direct attack on authorities.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100284170/rotherham-abuse-scandal-its-not-all-about-race-its-about-criminal-ineptitude/

More balanced Telegraph article.

The other article that Digga posted is a bit crap and rather typical of the unsavory elements of the right.

“Men of Pakistani heritage treated white girls like toilet paper. They picked children up from schools and care homes and trafficked them across northern cities for other men to join in the fun. They doused a 15-year-old in petrol and threatened to set her alight should she dare to report them. They menaced entire families and made young girls watch as they raped other children.”

It wasn’t only white girls and it’s debatable whether they even targeted white girls selectively.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘"1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"’ is closed to new replies.