Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 140-150mm travel forks with maxle – what are the options?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Ideally a tapered steerer but not essential
    Air
    With a minimum of motion control level damping
    maxle or maxle lite
    £250-350

Stevelol
    Free Member

2nd hand revelations, I got some rlt ti’s on here for 250 and they’re ace.

deluded
    Free Member

RS Revs from Merlin?

Northwind

Revs with as many letters as you can manage.

br
    Free Member

Thor’s.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Another recommendation for thors, last years models have a 20mm maxle, stiff as you like, decent damping.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If you can’t afford Revs the Sektors are meant to be just as good as basic Revs.

continuity
    Free Member

Sektor RL solo airs are basically revelations with a solo air spring (which revs are going to) and a single flow rebound circuit. They’re very good.

kevolution
    Free Member

single flow rebound circuit? That’s just throwing words together.
    Rockshox have R, RL, RLT or RC2C dampers. All of which are housed in twin piston assemblies that are commonly referred to as cartridge dampers. (even though they are technicly not cartridge dampers.)
    The rebound phase in all of these forks is preceded by a compression stroke of the same piston assembly. So by definition it’s a dual flow assembly not a circuit.
    As the oil isn’t circulated in a cart or TPC and it remains static while the piston moves through it, it’s not a circuit.
    So to summarise, you’re talking bollocks mate.

continuity
    Free Member

Fine, I got that deleted for being acetic.

Tl;DR – none of what you said has any relevance to the OP whatsoever, whether or not I said assembly or circuit. What matters is how having a high-speed and low-speed rebound assembly affects the ride.

Stop getting uppity.

stevepitch
    Free Member

single flow rebound circuit? That’s just throwing words together.
    Rockshox have R, RL, RLT or RC2C dampers. All of which are housed in twin piston assemblies that are commonly referred to as cartridge dampers. (even though they are technicly not cartridge dampers.)
    The rebound phase in all of these forks is preceded by a compression stroke of the same piston assembly. So by definition it’s a dual flow assembly not a circuit.
    As the oil isn’t circulated in a cart or TPC and it remains static while the piston moves through it, it’s not a circuit.
    So to summarise, you’re talking bollocks mate.

You a bit of ****? So what if someone has the terminology slightly wrong there’s no need to be an arse about it, just highlights that you come across as some no it all arrogant individual 🙄

To the op revs are great but tbh the sektors I had that proceeded them were fine for general riding and coped with the peaks to Swinley and everything inbetween.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I have 2012 rev rls and tried a mate’s sektors and they felt plush as a plush thing.

kevolution
    Free Member

I was actually trying to correct someone that I thought was coming across as an arrogant know it all that got his info all wrong and was misleading the op.
    It was not about terminology and more about content.
    The fact that the sektor RL doesn’t have low and high speed rebound adjustment confirms his lack of knowledge on the subject and makes my post even more relevant to the op.
    I just tried to help because I’m a qualified sram technician and the info given was incorrect and throwing some technical sounding terms together in a sentence doesn’t change that.
    I could have put it more politely, but it wouldn’t have had the desired effect.
    When I post info in the public domain, I check my sources and try to make sure it’s correct so I don’t get called out on it.

Northwind

You should tell SRAM too 😉 From their website:

“Suspension shouldn’t pack up in rock gardens or buck after big drops. That’s why Dual Flow incorporates independent damping circuits”

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@ kevolution. Cut the chap some slack. We are some sort of “community”. We all individually get it wrong sometimes.

If he’s wrong all the time – then fair enough, or if your an expert in what your talking about then leave him enough rope to hang himself.

Otherwise – and I assume something was removed above- its not worth a row really?

kevolution
    Free Member

@ couldashouldawoulda. Point taken fella. I’ll bow out and let you guys get on with your discussion.
    I’ll just address northwind’s point before I leave. I said that the damper was dual flow. I also said the high AND low speed rebound were not “adjustable” on that model of fork. Those adjustments are on the RC2C damper.
    My intention is never to upset or offend, I just speak my mind.
    I bid you good night gentlemen.
    Enjoy your discussion.

continuity
    Free Member

Pretty sure your intention was vitriolic, as everyone has pointed out.

I asked whether you (as a qualified sram tech) were able to advise the OP (for whom it matters) as to the benefits or drawbacks of having/not having high/lowspeed rebound assemblies. Not external adjustments – I have no idea where you pulled that from.

Arrogant know it all? Misleading the OP? You do seem rather an insidious weasel. As was previously pointed out; what I stated was exactly what SRAM’s website states.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Are the rlt denomination any good

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I like how the handbags were drawn and then mutually put back down on the floor in this thread, well done ladies! 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘140-150mm travel forks with maxle – what are the options?’ is closed to new replies.