Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 1/4 tonne of water..
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

…just nearly fell on mine and my little boys head. The 60 gallon tank slipped it's stand and fell over causing a huge crash and flooding our lounge. No major damage and somehow the roof held it in place but BOY did I brick myself – it fell over just above us.

Now drying everything out and almost feeling sorry for the guy that fitted it under five years ago…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wowser. 😯

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Bowser!

rickmeister

Trouser!

(filler)

midlifecrashes

Douser!

matt_outandabout

moist.

skidartist
    Free Member

Geyser

Marmoset
    Free Member

…joist?

cynic-al
    Free Member

First bp then this?

You think you are an expert on spills or something?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Looks like the tank wasn't secured properly – the stand just collapsed. Carpet and sofas totalled, ceiling needs replacing but that's it – not too bad really.

Scared the living sh1t out of me – I really thought the house was about to collapse when it happened! Luckily the joists under it are plenty enough to hold it up there but when it went, I didn't know that.

wwaswas

the biggest trouble with a 1/4 tonne of water falling on your head is if it's still in the container…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

wwas -well I guess it was when it first fell over! It then distributed itself is a waterfall style all over the lounge floor.

Pretty dramatic and now we aren't hurt and nothing is too damaged, pretty amusing.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Why do you have a 60 gallon tank of water in your house?

brakes
    Free Member

maybe it was the magpies

konabunny
    Free Member

ourkidsam: why don't you?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I don't? I have these things called pipes and they bring it to my house for me from big containers called reservoirs.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Because of the size of house, it worked out better to get a traditional boiler and tank otherwise pressures would have suffered (I think).

Anyway there's a tank there currently being replaced with another one.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I have the pipe/reservoir setup also. Was it a hot water tank?! Could have been painful!

piha
    Free Member

I see Thatcher's hand in all of this, I'll tell thee.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

No – just normal temp water – the hot water tank is on ground level (the pressure of the raised tanks makes the hot water work).

yossarian
    Free Member

i blame the rabbits/moles/badgers, get 'em all gased just to be sure

(serious note: glad you and yours were ok)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘1/4 tonne of water..’ is closed to new replies.