Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 130mm forks (a2c less than 510mm) with bolt through?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Probably wanting the impossible here, but trying to find the longest bolt-thru forks (20mm or 15mm) I can run on my Cove Handjob, which means no longer than 510mm axle to crown.

For a start, I don't know if there are any 130mm forks with bolt through options that aren't a) hideously expensive (i.e. Pace) or unneccessarily burly (i.e. dirt jump forks).

Alternatives are short a2c 140mm forks, or longer 120mm forks. Currently have F120RL which I'm looking to upgrade with the QR15 lowers, but before I splash the cash, I'm looking for alternatives.

Do your best internet sleuthing, if you please! 😀

mboy
    Free Member

A Pike (Or Revelation) with a U-Turn? Can be set anywhere between about 95mm and 140mm that way…

Pikes are 520mm at 140mm travel, so at 130 will be 510mm a/c

Or go for some bolt through Reba's at 120mm travel, but with 20mm axle will be a good bit stiffer than Fox QR15's.

poppa
    Free Member

The 2010 Rockshox range includes Revelations (Non U-turn can be set at 130mm) Rebas (120mm) and Recons (130mm) with bolt-through, depending on your price range.

Kit
    Free Member

oops forgot I'd posted this up! Thanks for the replies – interesting comment about reducing travel in the Revelations. Had dual air Revelations before and have to say I didn't get on with them. The Rebas might be worth a punt, however.

tomh
    Free Member

Have a look at some Magura Thors, 100-140mm. I love mine

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I think the Manitou Minute in 130mm comes under 510mm.20mm bolt through.Vastly underated fork.There was some good deals on 2008 stock when i last looked.
    Thanx Max

nickc

Another vote for Thor. Bit of a pain to set up right, but once they're there, fantastic.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

or magura menja, not bolt through, but bloomin stiff compared to traditional forks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a 120mm Reba Team with Maxle on my HJ, and I think it suits it perfectly – better than the 130mm Rev it replaced too.

Kit
    Free Member

Thors are out of my price range, will check out the Manitou though!

juan
    Free Member

DT
    The new one in magnesium is going to be "cheap" too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘130mm forks (a2c less than 510mm) with bolt through?’ is closed to new replies.