Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 120mm forks – stock?
  • jonba
    Free Member

My Scandal has RS 35s on. They are surprisingly good but heavy. My plan was to build up a lighter trail hardtail but went for the stock scandal due to nothing being available.

I know what’s making the bike porky and the forks are part of that. Building myself I would have gone for Rebas.

Is there anything out there, it can be a suitable equivalent. 120mm 29er Boost. I’d go longer if they were similar weight.

So far im eying up a second hand bike to buy, swap the forks and sell on!

snotrag

When the Scandal first came out a bunch of us bought some nice RS Reba RL’s from All-tricks in France, they were ludicrously cheap. 32mm stantions and I’ve been really happy with them, and the weight, especially for the money.

This was pre-Brexit taxes however still worth a look at All-tricks I reckon.

Reba is a good match for the frame, definite step up in performance over the budget RS but not too expensive. Obviously I’d love a Fox 32 Factory Stepcast or a SID SL Ultimate but not sure even I can man-maths that on a £150 frame!

EDIT – they came set at 130mm, easy to change but I decided 130mm was fine, can run them nice and plush into the stroke with a couple of tokens in to ramp up.

jonba
    Free Member

Those new 35mm sids are lovely. They’d be ok now the frame is £600+.

The scandal might end up a stop gap. I like the Vandal but it seems daft to buy a ti frame with that relatively budget kit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘120mm forks – stock?’ is closed to new replies.