Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 120mm fixie hub recommendations
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a well sealed 120mm spaced rear track hub for commuting duties, it’s going to be abused and maintenance shall be non existent. Probably a difficult one as I imagine most have minimal sealing. I’d like to keep costs down as I’m tight and it’s just a commuter.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I hammered a set of the halo ones, (aerorage wheelset)

No problems at all,

Also know a few guys that have found the system ex ones faultless.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my on one track rear has done loads of miles; commuting in all weathers and off road too. never even looked at the bearings.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Cheers. I was looking at the on-one hub, seems like excellent value if it’ll last. Halo wheel is probably a bit spendy. Never seen the system EX ones, will have a bit google for some reviews. Ta.

Keef
    Free Member

think I may have a new system EX one in black,if I can find it ! mail in profile if your interested.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Novatec (rebranded as just about anything, e.g. On One), Goldtec or Phil Wood. In increasing order of cost.

Sven

I have just converted a Shimano XT disc front hub to a solid axle fixed rear hub using a 10mm fine thread axle to build a non-dished rear wheel. Also for commuting duties, I reckon the XT hubs are better sealed than many other hubs, and only cost £20. Details at Velosolo where I also bought the cog.

Sven

TiRed

Miche Primato low flange track hubs, Sapim spokes and Mavic Open pros. Have been bombproof despite several pothole interactions. I wanted something that looked more Road and less Track. Otherwise Novatech are fine.

brokenframe
    Free Member

+ OnOne

I built it up over two years ago and have been commuting on it every day at least an hour in London + some occasional off road fun. 🙂 Bearings are nice and smooth.

The system ex ones are pretty much the same hubs with a different logo on them. I built a few of those too for customers. They looked fine and had no bad feedback about them from customers either.

The OnOne hubs are on special offer atm. If you’re after a 32H Silver, that’s £14.99, if you’re after a 32H Black one, that’s £19.99. (on planet-x and onone websites)

simon1975

Yeah the on-one hubs are still a bargain. No sealing apart from the bearing seals but they’ll cope fine, especially with road riding.

I regularly ride off-road on mine in all sorts of filth and even use a jetwash. The bearings must last at least a year and it’s only a 5 minute job (and £6 or so) to swap them out when they start to go. They’re 6000-2RS’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘120mm fixie hub recommendations’ is closed to new replies.