Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 120mm 26” 1-1/8” fork suggestions
  • brutaldeluxe09

I’ve got an old Cotic Soul currently running a rigid front end. I want to put a fork on it but can’t seem to find much at all either new or used given the requirements of 26”, 1-1/8”, 120mm

I had wanted the manitou circus that they do in a 20mm thru axle but cannot find any in stock.

Any recommendations for either 9mm, 15mm or 20mm (hope pro 4 hub so can convert)

elliptic
    Free Member

Fox 130mm forks from that era could generally be spacered down easily enough if you can find a decent one secondhand (or just run them as they are, they had shorter a-c than most).

I used to run an F120 on my mark 1 Soda which was perfect on that bike (and spacered to 100mm for the Tinbred) but you’re less likely to find one of those than a 130 Van or Float I’d imagine.

Mat

I’d seen these on e-Bay, I’ve no bike I’m really looking to put them on but they certainly piqued my curiousity, I wondered if they’d fit OP’s bill?

Air Bike Fork XC32A

Does anyone know anything about them? Are they a rebadged old fork from another brand? They certainly have the look of an AliExpress knock-off but the website at least tries to give the impression of a uk company. I can’t seem to find a physical UK address for them mind!

EDITED LINK

docrobster
    Free Member

They have a tapered steerer so won’t fit.
    There are 4 forks second hand on eBay that fit the bill when I just did a search and all look crap.
    Suntour still sell straight steerer 26 inch forks new. Raidon and epixon both in 120 travel. Good luck finding something in stock!
    I think most people with frames that take a straight steerer fork hoovered up all the remaining sets earlier in the year…

Mat

Ooops, link corrected docrobster!

kayla1
    Free Member

If you can find some Suntour Epicon/Epixon with a straight steerer they’re really good forks. Most are 9mm QR but some came with 15mm through axle lowers.

voodoo-rich

Some of the older Rockshox models had the U-turn travel adjust, especially the Revelations. So they may not be listed as 120mm, but can be set to this. They were mostly QR. I can see a few on ebay at the moment.

My 2007 revs are still working fine (also on a 26″ Soul), but parts for servicing are hard to find, so be careful what you buy.

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Kayla1 +1 I’ve had Epixon forks 26,27.5 and 29 and can’t fault them at all

jamiemcf

What about a 120mm fork of your choice and geting someone like RSF suspension or stirling bike doctor to stick a new ND tuned 1 1/8 steerer in it?

honeybadgerx

I think I may have some 120mm revelations in the loft if you’re interested? Pretty sure they’re straight steerer and 9mm, will check, along with length of steerer.

kaiser
    Free Member

I’ve got 5 or 6 sets of rockshox forks 9mm QR , Revelations ( U-turn )and Reba’s etc that I may sell soon ,as well as one other with a thru axle and wheel if needed.
    No doubt one would suit. All are 26″ with long straight steerers and in good condition as I have pampered them whilst storing by regular lubrication of the seals,stanchions etc .
    Mail in profile if interested to discuss .

brutaldeluxe09

thanks everyone, lots of great ideas. let me have a think and I”ll get in touch if I need to.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve a set of nice 120mm straight steerer Rebas which I’ve not got round to advertising just yet. Msg if interested.

tonyd

I had a (v2 I think) Soul and ran a DTSwiss XMC130 – great combo

belgianwaffle1

Bought some 2009 Rebas last year (100mm) for 60 from some guy who had gone to 650B. Had to service them which was a pain but after that they’ve been running fine for 1700 km with no issues. I would look through Ebay and there might be something similar kicking about.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘120mm 26” 1-1/8” fork suggestions’ is closed to new replies.