Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 120 mm Anthem ,,,,,is it doable ?????
  • twedspeed
    Free Member

Love the scott spark – I love its 120 mmm up front and I love its “TWINLOCK” system – Can I spec an ANTHEM similarly . I.E. 120 mmm fork – swap the useless nude shock for a RP and run both shock and fork off a twinlock system ,,,,,,Your thoughts ,,,,I think it,d be sweet . How would I go about it ? Mojo .?..TF. ??
    Or would it muck up the anthems sweet geometry – or even snap the frame ?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d go for a trance

clubber
    Free Member

rockshox did a remote called poploc dual which locks both fork and shock.together. there are remote lockout versions of some.of their shocks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Anthem X is sold with a 120mm fork in some territories isn’t it?

pixelmix
    Free Member

120mm up front is supposedly fine – lots of people have done it, including pro Giant riders (on the Advanced which has the same geometry).

Can’t comment on the shock though. Post up if you do it – would be interested to see.

rainbow
    Free Member

As an owner of Giant Anthem, my local Giant dealers said no to 120mm travel forks as the headset might crack due wrong geometry, you should get the Giant Trance mtb as they run 120mm set up.

frogstomp

Yup, works fine.. you maybe lose out slightly on the climbing ability but the downhill performance feels much more assured.. as mentioned above, some of the pro’s run it that way (although their bikes are probably more expendable!).

Twodogs

I still have an email from Giant somewhere saying a 120mm for would be absolutely fine

(but I bought a Trek fuel instead)

Bream
    Free Member

For the last 4 years I’ve been riding an Anthem Advanced running 80mm forks for light XC. But I recently rode a Anthem X setup with 120mm forks on an evening ride with the DVATC guys. Got to say I was extremely impressed, felt perfectly balanced and rode the fast techy DH parts extremely well.

I was thinking to build a Trance up for some general AM stuff, but now tempted to run this setup instead.

twedspeed
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, for the largely positive feedback.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I run 120mm forks on my Anthem X to slow down the twitchy steering a bit and can report no problems what so ever.

FactoryPhil

I’ve some Revelation Air U-Turn on mine wound down to 120mm.
    Been running them for almost a year now, it makes a difference when you’re in the rougher stuff.
    Don’t know about running the fork and shock off the same remote, it’s probably doable if you’re handy in the workshop.
    Now running a triple chainset.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

120mm rebas with a maxle on mine. I like it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘120 mm Anthem ,,,,,is it doable ?????’ is closed to new replies.