Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • 12 year old son accused of shop lifting with his autistic brother in Asda…
  • kerley
    Free Member

my youngest (autistic) who now says he wont go in Asda again/

Don’t worry about it, I am autistic (hopefully I will get better soon) and I would never go into Asda either.

mashr

Would never have happened in Booths

cromolyolly
    Free Member

There are times when it’s nice to allow someone to see what it feels like when the boot is on the other foot.

So true. When will you be taking a job in a shop so we can all bring our kids in to use you for the object lesson of staying in school?

I take it you don’t buy stuff at your LBS, or like being able to buy food? Some people work in shops because they want to, some because they have to. To treat them like that because one shop treated someone badly is pretty poor.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Back in my mid 20s (so millions of years ago 😉 ), I realised just outside the store I had wandered out without paying for something! 😮

I sheepishly went back in and joined the queue at the till.

Kryton57

autism isn’t an illness – quite offensive by the way.

I’m not sure if your offended by my misunderstanding of autism or the fact i called you out on its inclusion but i apologise if ive called offense either way.

So far i still cant see the relevance of you posting it, except that you feel.your kid may be affected by the process.  Yet, the Asda employee didnt know your kid was autistic i assume, and therefore any hint that there behaviour should have been different on that basis is null and void in the context of the post. Unfortunately its now your job to deal with the outcome.  Hence, you posted it to make the thread more “inflammatory” to the initial audience.

Shit happens, and as parents we have a responsibility to educate our kids to handle these types of situations

tinribz
    Free Member

I got accused of lifting a salad box on a the way out of a supermarket the other day.

After showing the machine I used telling them to look at the records they let it go. Now feel obliged to print out a receipt or get a bag for every purchase.

Not sure if the security guards have a stop and challenge target to meet or what. I wouldn’t be surprised if thefts are steadily rising and they are under a lot more pressure to have to do something.

IdleJon

Don’t worry about it, I am autistic (hopefully I will get better soon) and I would never go into Asda either.

I’m not autistic and would happily never use ASDA again. Especially the ASDA Express I needed to go in last week. My life must be really crap if I’m forced to use crapholes like that. 😔

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Yet, the Asda employee didnt know your kid was autistic i assume, and therefore any hint that there behaviour should have been different on that basis is null and void in the context of the post

Again Kryton you haven’t read my post correctly – try rereading the OP

When you put posts up about your fear of flying ill try not to make any stupid comments !

DrJ

Would never have happened in Booths

You say that, but after Waitrose re-checked my self-scan basket 4 times in a row i have boycotted them. That’ll show ’em !!

poolman
    Free Member

Oh dear people make mistakes and try their hardest.

Last year I was in a shop trying clothes on, walked out not having bought anything, got down the street and noticed a coat hanger with trousers on hooked on my coat collar, at the back.

Clearly the worst shoplifters ever, legged it back to the shop to give it back. Think it was m n s in kingston but alarm didn’t go off. Anyway handed it back and not accused of anything.

jamj1974

I think that’s more than a bit shit. So sorry that your children had to go through that.

olly2097
    Free Member

convert

Subscriber
    That is shit. Never mind, at some point in the future you can go to the store with your kid and publicly point at member of staff and tell your kid that they better work hard at school or they too will be stuck only being able to get a job as rubbish as that.

What interesting/important job do you do out of curiosity?

As for the Op; My little stepbrother got accused of stealing Pokémon cards in 1997 by Woolies security. He cried. Said he meant to pay but forgot. Was 12. I know he had stolen a few box full over a few weeks amounting to at £100+ Said nothing.
    I stole a 10p mix once. The guilt consumed me.

Drac

Again Kryton you haven’t read my post correctly – try rereading the OP

Its Kryton just ignore him.

iainc

Very sad tale. I don’t know the details of where the store is etc, but personally I’d not have let my own boys go to Asda on their own aged 10 and 12. Maybe that’s just me though !

ctk
    Free Member

convert

Subscriber
    That is shit. Never mind, at some point in the future you can go to the store with your kid and publicly point at member of staff and tell your kid that they better work hard at school or they too will be stuck only being able to get a job as rubbish as that.

Wow people really think like this. 🙁

Drac

Just nasty people who feel they shouldn’t respect others.

Kryton57

Its Kryton just ignore him.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>As a mod your behaviour to polarise or categorise some subscribers in public beggars belief sometimes Drac. </span>

When you put posts up about your fear of flying ill try not to make any stupid comments !

Please do, and also remember your own an others post re anxiety and mental illness before you decide to be vindictive on that basis.

convert

What interesting/important job do you do out of curiosity?

Wow people really think like this. 🙁

Just nasty people who feel they shouldn’t respect others.

Geez, some of you are only capable of thinking in amusingly linear sided squares 🙂

Do you actually think I think that of people who work in shops? Do you think I have not worked in a shop at some point in my past too – most of us have. Actually I couldn’t give two **** if you think that of me or not; or even if the guy working in the shops did either.

The point was it was a suitably inflammatory statement. The man had (against any reasonable policy and procedure) put the boy in a position of humiliation. He had ‘abused’ the fact the the lad was young had very little ability to come back to make him feel shit. Bullied him if you will. My suggestion was to put the boot on the other foot. To ‘abuse’ the position of adult customer and him in his place of work and unable to make a comeback. To see what it feels like to be made to feel shit. He might be doing a phd or retired from a high flying job or just really enjoy working in shops – it makes no odds. In fact it makes it better – someone saying something that makes you angry and you know is not true but are not able to ‘hit back’. Just like the young lad was.

I have no issue with bullying bullies every now and again.

Kryton57

The man had (against any reasonable policy and procedure) put the boy in a position of humiliation. He had used the fact the the lad had very little ability to come back to make him feel shit. Bullied him if you will.

Not excusing the issue or the outcome, but do you know he did it deliberately in the manner you describe?

convert

Not excusing the issue or the outcome, but do you know he did it deliberately in the manner you describe?

Presuming you have read the above posts we know exactly the same. Obviously. Also, I hate to break it to you but it was a suggestion to a story on the internet. Never happened in the real world!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

@ Kryton

I’m not a vendictive person in anyway,I’d never mock anyone about anxieties etc let alone mental illness.

Update – I have spoken to ASDA headoffice and made a complaint about 4 adults intimidating and humiliating my son, there first response was how much compensation do you want ! I said I’m not after any money whatsoever just a letter of
    apology will do.
    Area manager is contacting me to discuss, I guess they’re not at all happy that their staff acted in a very unprofessional manner with a minor as well as accusing without proof.

Sad world when all they want to do is offer money to make problems go away.

funkmasterp

Seems like everyone involved may have learned a valuable lesson. That’s a good outcome from a shitty situation. Now go back and steal a toy, that’ll teach The bastards.

DezB
    Free Member

I said I’m not after any money whatsoever

Crazy fool!

(Oh, in case I get the same respondents as convert: 😉 😉 😀 😀 😉 🙂 etc )

wwaswas

unfitgeezer – could they do anything to make your son feel more comfortable about going into the store again?

If the anxiety manifests in similar stores it might become more of a problem than just ‘won’t go in Asda’.

I said I’m not after any money whatsoever

I think to go down the compensation route you would need to go the full on “glum” photo in your local rag. You and the kids outside ASDA looking really miserable as junior holds up the disputed toy.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sad world when all they want to do is offer money to make problems go away.

Maybe ask if you could take your lads in and they apologise and speak to them and show them round the store? May help them in future and may help the worker who spoke them get a bit of a lesson/closure too, as I’m sure he/she is getting shit at the monument.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘12 year old son accused of shop lifting with his autistic brother in Asda…’ is closed to new replies.