Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 11×1 X01 SRAM chain line – cant back pedal in highest gear
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Anyone else got this problem. In the 42t cog, I cant back pedal without the chain dropping down 2 or 3 cogs and occasionally jamming. Admittedly I dont exactly do this often… It’s fine in every other gear.

Looking at the chain line, it’s pretty crossed over in the biggest cassette ring, the gears are set up correctly and shifting works fine, it’s just that a 1/2 turn back pedal drops the chain down.

I’m running a direct mount ring, but pretty sure that doesnt have any impact on this?

br
    Free Member

Bought bike or DIY?

If the first, take it back. If the second, maybe a BB spacer issue?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Off the peg, but I removed the spider and installed the direct mount ring. I’ll take a look at the X01 manual, I think the only spacer is the curvy washer (which just seems to fill a gap)

brant
    Free Member

agentdagnamit – Member
    Off the peg, but I removed the spider and installed the direct mount ring. I’ll take a look at the X01 manual, I think the only spacer is the curvy washer (which just seems to fill a gap)
    POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Wrong offset ring?

jsinglet

This happens on my new Enduro too, I’ve not changed anything. Pedals fine though.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Why would you want to?

benpinnick

Yeah – they all do that.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

ha – yep, think I have a bb30 ring and needed a gxp – the offset is a little different. Anyone want a 30t Absolute Black BB30 direct mount ring – looks lovely!

skellnonch – thanks for the contribution, good STW stuff there.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Mmm, refitted the original spider and 34t ring, and the chain line looks better, but the back pedal issues is still there a little….

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just fitted a AB oval, mine does the same, its not the wrong offset though as the BB30 versions are a different pattern to the GXP

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

The position of my direct mount ring is definitely very different to the original spider + ring set up. The direct mount if further outboard. I’ll get in touch with AB and see what the chainline difference is, presumably there’s a good reason for them selling 2 different types?

rooster42
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with my 2014 Canyon Strive running X01 from brand new, in the end I adjusted the angle of the rear mech as it has a weird direct mount mech hanger and sacrificial bolt which you can slacken and rotate, this improved the chain line and stopped the problem.

brant
    Free Member

Anyone want a 30t Absolute Black BB30 direct mount ring – looks lovely!

I do actually. I think that’s Boost 148 spec and Hope haven’t made theirs yet!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

brant – I’m just waiting to hear from Absolute Black, so may have one to sell for around £30. It’s had about 50k use so far.

Not sure what all the stuff is about having a 9mm or 15mm spacer on the drive side between crank arm and BB, I only have a wavey washer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘11×1 X01 SRAM chain line – cant back pedal in highest gear’ is closed to new replies.