Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)
  • 112mph
  • samuelr
    Free Member

Sorry meant to say hybrid instead of full ev.

poly
    Free Member

Ok, what about limiting the speed of cycles to 15mph? automatically applying the brakes so you couldnt go faster?

thats the same isnt it?

Not really… not least because there is no upper speed limit for bicycles on British roads.

Waderider
    Free Member

Flamin’ Nora, aren’t people strange, I think I’d need to ingest a shed load of hallucinogenics to arrive at some of these opinion comments.

Good move by Volvo, including with regards to their marketing and brand image. And I type that as someone who has a Volvo that can exceed 112mph.

CountZero

Edukators question of when anyone ever encounters significantly slower drivers.

All the bloody time. One I followed for four or five miles at roughly 25mph (indicated). No opportunity to overtake, I had to stick behind her doing even less when we got into the 30mph roads. When she got to a roundabout and indicated right, I gave a little ‘hallelujah’ and carried straight on, only to have the dozy bint swerve across and force herself past me on the exit, smashing my offside wing in. When asked what she was doing, she said I was driving too close, (I was about a car length behind at 15mph), and when I pointed out she’d indicated and turned righ, she said “well, I changed my mind”
    Honestly people can be bloody dangerous at little more than walking pace, and I’m sure I read somewhere that the majority of fatal accidents take place within national speed limits; if that woman’s driving is an example it’s not surprising.

Edukator
    Free Member

So you crashed into some poor woman and then blamed her you ****.

That post is wrong on so many levels, CountZero. Sexist, misogynist and victim blaming. I’ve supsected you are an arrogant aggressive driver for years, here is absolute confirmation. And in case you try a stealth edit:

All the bloody time. One I followed for four or five miles at roughly 25mph (indicated). No opportunity to overtake, I had to stick behind her doing even less when we got into the 30mph roads. When she got to a roundabout and indicated right, I gave a little ‘hallelujah’ and carried straight on, only to have the dozy bint swerve across and force herself past me on the exit, smashing my offside wing in. When asked what she was doing, she said I was driving too close, (I was about a car length behind at 15mph), and when I pointed out she’d indicated and turned righ, she said “well, I changed my mind”
    Honestly people can be bloody dangerous at little more than walking pace, and I’m sure I read somewhere that the majority of fatal accidents take place within national speed limits; if that woman’s driving is an example it’s not surprising.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Edukator ..not for the first time have I thought you a pompous idiot

Edukator
    Free Member

Well in tha absence of web cam footage we only have one version and after yreas of posting making progress type replies on motoring threads superstar car delivery man countzero reaches peak intolerance.

CountZero clearly made a stupid overtake and crashed into someone, how else would it be a “wing”?

The problem when you spend years railing about women drivers, slow driver and bragging about racing around the country delivering other peoples intersting cars is that you build a profile that says that CountZero and those like him are the problem rather than the people they slag off. Or it’s all pure fiction, I could just be the last honest person on the Internet.

iamtheresurrection

For everybody who thinks it’s a good move by Volvo, I wonder what their opinion is of their hybrid T8 engines which produce about 400bhp.

I can’t see how the two sit together? You don’t need to be able to do more than 100mph, as long as you can get there in about 10 seconds? Am I missing something?

Edukator
    Free Member

hybrid T8 engines which produce about 400bhp.

Are they fitted in their 40t trucks? If so it seems reasonable, if not then in answer to your questions
    They don’t
    That would appear to be the policy
    No.

iamtheresurrection

So, they’re hypocrites then? The more I’ve thought about this, the more pointless a message it seems given the above.

Edukator
    Free Member

Not necessarily. I suspect this is more to do with the German market that the UK. In Germany limiting vehicles to 112 means something. As other Autobahn users have noted the current German laws are barmy and Volvo is making a big statement.

tonyg2003

I know Edukator that you are in France and this might have made you mis interpret Count Zero’s message. Going straight on a UK roundabout whilst someone is using the inside of the roundabout to turn an indicated right exit is not an overtake, nor against the Highway Code. Changing your mind mid roundabout and exiting without indicating and hence hitting a driver side wing shows the other driver at fault. I think you owe Count Zero an apology.

Edukator
    Free Member

If someone is driving as badly as CountZero claims and you’ve followed them for as long as he claims you’d give them a realy wide birth wouldn’t you. If there really was an accident I suggest he rammed the woman in road rage because if he gets half as het up on the road as he does on this forum and hates slow/women drivers as much as he has demostrated on this forum that is far more likely than what he claims.

He been provocative on driving threads for years. The language he uses, “dozy bint” suggests he’s seeking a reaction here and I’m giving it to him.

alpin
    Free Member

Reckon Volvo sales might dip here in the Vaterland.

Lots of people simply take their new cars along to the garage and have them derestricted. After all, 155mph is just cruising speed for some.

Edukator
    Free Member

Anyhow I’ve reported CountZero’s post, first report in a hell of long time.

tonyg2003

@edukator wow! You have just made it worse by suggesting he rammed her. Honest you are unbelievable troll

Edukator
    Free Member

You need to read through CountZero’s posting history, Tony. Were you a witness Tony?

molgrips
    Free Member

When she got to a roundabout and indicated right, I gave a little ‘hallelujah’ and carried straight on, only to have the dozy bint swerve across and force herself past me on the exit, smashing my offside wing in.

Top tip for avoiding accidents – never get alongside anyone at a roundabout, unless you can’t avoid it, because of exactly this kind of situation. Also people straight-lining whilst going straight on and cutting up right-turners on the inside. Happens all the time.

Edukator
    Free Member

This is critical. At 15mph a cars length is nowhere near enough.

Reaction time is:

15 mph = 22 ft. per second

Then you have to brake.

CountZero was by his own admission driving too close and is clearly of the impression it’s OK.
    Or it’s all just fiction

tonyg2003

@edukator of course I wasn’t there. Neither were you. Hence I don’t comment on these sorts of posts. I certainly don’t claim things like another poster deliberately rammed someone even if I don’t like them.

Molgrips post is a good example of a good reply. Even considered and appropriate.

Edukator
    Free Member

And what do you think of “dozy bint”, Tony? You Haven’t commented on the misogynist/sexist nature of CountZero’s initial post, was that “considered and appropriate” in your view?

My response was considered that I can assure you. It’s up to the mods to decide if it’s appropriate on the page – they have the power to remove both my posts and me. I’ve reported the post and one of them will pick up on this. I really don’t want to be on a forum where posts such as CountZeros can be posted without a strong reaction from other users being acceptable or the mods themselves acting.

Good night.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Can we get Eds old tag back please, people might just stop feeding him.

tonyg2003

Ok final comment from me. Count Zero’s use of “dozy bint” wasn’t appropriate or respectful. However your tesponse was totally out of proportion, personal and vitriolic.

hodgynd
    Free Member

One for the petrolheads
    Bugatti release most expensive sports car ever

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/bugatti-la-voiture-noire

Sent via @updayUK
    Wonder how much this would be worth with a top speed of 112mph …😁

molgrips
    Free Member

I think a car length at 15mph is much too close though. Reminds me of the conversation I had with a work colleague describing the accident he had been in. He said that a car had crashed in front of him and he’d been unable to avoid it. ‘I wasn’t going to fast though, only 85’.

I told him that ‘too fast’ and ‘too close’ are defined as being unable to avoid stuff happening in front of you, and he seemed surprised and confused by this.

Edukator
    Free Member

Read the thread from the start, Tony, paying particular attention to Squirrelking’s posts. Should I add you to **********, ********, ***********, ********, *******,********** and the other petrolhead, driving-god fantasists (and their apologists )on this forum.

They are nervous drivers, drivers who can’t see properly and shit themselves every time they see something oncoming, drivers who – for reasons best known to themselves – drive at an arbitrary amount below the limit so they can sanctimoniously post on internet forums about how safe a driver they are and just people who actually don’t know what the limit is.

Pure invention and provocation from Squirelking, I ignored it. I ignored this from him too:

You honestly talk the biggest pile of horse crap.

Sharkbait got pretty personal too, I ignored that too. You, Tony, are developing a fixation.

There are no tags anymore, Squirelking, not even for the mods.

This MTB forum has a small number of very vocal, insulting, speed-worshiping petrol heads who pop up on any speed related car thread and start complaining about people going about there buisness perfectly safely but at less than the maximum allowed speed.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sharkbait got pretty personal too

Really, where?

Edukator
    Free Member

If you think that line is twice the length of the gap then you need to get your eyes checked.

Especially when the highway marking link and all the evidence says I’m right.

You slagged off my eyesight on the basis of a factually incorrect assumption, Sharkbait:

it looks like an Astra type car to me which is just less than 4m long

The Astra model in the vid is 4.702m long.

You also rubbished my claim about the most economical speed and gear, Sharkbait, without checking and in “vitriolic terms”. When I posted a link you let that one drop because it clearly showed I was right and you were wrong. You have a habit of rubbishing other people and post rubbish first, check later, and it does you no good. Read back through your claims on this thread, do some reading on automotive engineering and check out my statements compared with yours.

One more thought, if faster accelerating cars are really are safer as some here claim, why do insurance companies demand such high premiums for them?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ed, step away, for your own sanity as much as ours. You’ve made your point, time to leave the thread.

Edukator
    Free Member

You’re right Molgrips.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Edukator ..do most people when they meet you in person bring along a legal brief ..just in case they say something you find offensive ..you are easily offended sunshine ..
    Dozy = …lethargic ..not paying attention .
    Bint ( in its original Arabic form) = “woman” “any woman” ..
    In the context in which Countzero used the term..I would 100% wholeheartedly agree..ie the woman wasn’t paying attention and was completely to blame for the accident.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You also rubbished my claim about the most economical speed and gear, Sharkbait, without checking and in “vitriolic terms”. When I posted a link you let that one drop because it clearly showed I was right and you were wrong.

As far as I’m aware I’ve posted absolutely nothing about gears and economical speed.

So if you’d like to quote my posts to enlighten me I’d appreciate it, otherwise I think an apology is in order.

tinybits
    Free Member

I can’t quite believe the sheer level of emotion shown here – it’s astonishing (but as this is STW, in no way surprising!)

Seriously, Edukator, step away from the keyboard!

kayla1
    Free Member

See, I’d say that if Count zero was as good a driver as he thinks he is (I’m assuming he’s a fella), he’d have backed off a bit and left the ‘dozy bint’ to it if she looked a bit uncertain as to where she was going to avoid any potential accident(s). Expect the unexpected!

Anyhoo, speed limited to 112mph is A Good Thing I reckon.

edit- I don’t think Edukator’s being any more thin-skinned than those of you who are having difficulty with his posts, he just seems like a fella (assumption again, sorry) who speaks out against Those Who Will Not Be Wrong (again, mostly fellas) and seems to use facts to de-bunk a lot of the guff that’s been posted on here.

ransos
    Free Member

Dozy = …lethargic ..not paying attention .
    Bint ( in its original Arabic form) = “woman” “any woman” ..

Did you manage to type that whilst keeping a straight face?

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, from Collins:

noun
    offensive, derogatory, slang
    a girl or woman

Rule #2: if another road user looks erratic give them room.

A car length isn’t “room”.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m brilliant at driving…. and fighting.

Anyone want a fight?

I’ll drive right over. Really quickly.

hodgynd
    Free Member

@ranos ..yep..the whole of the time I was typing it ..😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

They are nervous drivers, drivers who can’t see properly and shit themselves every time they see something oncoming, drivers who – for reasons best known to themselves – drive at an arbitrary amount below the limit so they can sanctimoniously post on internet forums about how safe a driver they are and just people who actually don’t know what the limit is.

Pure invention and provocation from Squirelking, I ignored it. I ignored this from him too:

And now the armchair engineer/lawyer/polymath accuses me of being a liar.

Do you want dashcam footage? Because unlike CountZero I can quite easily provide it. I could also provide the links to at least one forum member who has bragged about doing this in the past but unlike you I can’t remember who it was off hand as I’m not a creepy stalker and don’t keep records.

Also, you owe Sharkbait a big apology, both of those accusations you have flung at him were based on posts made by me. Maybe if you weren’t getting your knickers in a twist you would have stopped and checked that before throwing about baseless insults and making yourself look like a bigger arse than you already have. As it is your point makes no sense for the reasons I laid out when I responded, it was actually you who gave that one up so, again, facts. Then again, if you can’t tell the difference between my name and Sharkbait (both start with ‘S’ so I guess it’s an easy mistake to make if you’re too busy ranting to pay even a cursory amount of attention) then I can see why you may think he never replied.

Kayla – it’s not Ed’s opinions that are at odds here it’s the way he presents them as indisputable facts. In. Every. Single. Thread. He is an arrogant sod and quite frankly I don’t appreciate being called a liar by the man who would make Trump look modest.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t you think you should all just grow up a bit?

It’s a pretty damning indictment when the  generally most childish and peurile poster on the forum feels the need to point out that you are behaving like petulant man-babies.

Did you all go to bed and  genuinely wake up raging about this?

There will be no winners here.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘112mph’ is closed to new replies.