Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 11 speed Cassette upgrade
  • juan
    Free Member

Looking at some option to change a NX Cassette 11-42 for sompething with a possibly bigger big cog.
    So far I can get the LBS to order a XT or a Sunrace MX8
    Something else that might be worth a look?

Cheers.

joemmo
    Free Member

I’m pretty happy with the MX8 so would happily recommend that. Bike Discount have them at a good price FWIW

junglistjut
    Free Member

I have the Sunrace. I chose that over XT because the the gear spacing looked better.

dirkpitt74

Also look at the box one cassette – 11-50t.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Sunrace MS8 11-46 on full XTR and it shifts very smoothly. Same reason, chose over XT for the spacing.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Dirkpitt,
    If using the Box 11-50T Cassette, will shimano 11spd mech work (b screw fully in) or do you need a Hanger extender?

notlocal
    Free Member

I’ve got this 11-46 from MSC. Given to me to try by my lbs. I notice they now also do 11sp 11-50.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had XT and Sunrace 11sp, yes the spacing’s better on Sunrace but it feels less solid.

Will go back to Shimano next time.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

smaller front ring?

cheaper, lighter and ‘easier’.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally I’d go for the SLX or XT 11-46.

oikeith

Garbaruk 11 speed cassettes look lovely, 10-46, 48 or 50. Shame they advise non compatibility with hope pro 4 hubs

juan
    Free Member

yeap the 11/50 looks like a ery interesting option 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Sunrace would be your best bet.

Both of my full suss bikes are fitted with Sunrace cassettes – my 27.5 has a 46T cassette with a long cage XT mech and my 29er has a 50T cassette, this time with a medium cage XT mech.

Both function just fine. I tried the Shimano XT 46T cassette but found the ratios so completely off that it lasted one ride.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Had a few rides this week with the Sunrace MS8 11-46 on XTR and it remains the nicest shifting I’ve experienced.

Hopefully it’ll last 🙂

junglistjut
    Free Member

I don’t get the back pedal problem with Sunrace either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘11 speed Cassette upgrade’ is closed to new replies.