Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 11-52 11sp Cassette options?
  • phil5556

I’d like an 11-52 cassette for a Shimano freehub but there don’t seem to be many about in 11 speed.

Can anyone tell what I should be looking at please? Or are there really not many around, 11-51 does seem more common.

It’s for my gravel bike and I’d like a bail out granny gear so not too worried if it’s a big jump from the next lowest up to the 52T.

Cheers

martinhutch

I think various ZTTO stuff is available from China with that range. Whether it will play nicely with your mech is another matter.

Is 51 really not enough? Deore 5100 seems like the obvious choice.

If you can swap your freehub to XD then a few more options become available.

joebristol

I would have thought the Shimano Deore 11-51 would be the obvious answer here. Unless weight is an issue and you want to shop around the less main brands like Sunrace / E13 / Ztto etc and see if you can save a few grams there.

My money would be on the deore I think.

docrobster
    Free Member

Yeah deore 11-51 is the answer. I got one for £58 from bikepartsuk recently

https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/shimano-deore-cs-m5100-11-speed-cassette

Yak

As said above, is this within range of your mech? You may need a compatible 12sp rear mech if not.

sillyoldman

/stealth ad begins/
    Got a new unused M5100 11-51 cassette if anyone wants one. £50 posted.
    /stealth ad ends/

phil5556

Thanks, looks like 11-51 it is then. I wasn’t sure if I was just failing at searching.

Maybe even @sillyoldman ‘s one 🤔

Mech needs a longer cage (or an Eagle mech with the cable guide Fin changed).

sillyoldman

Just DM me if interested. No worries if not.

docrobster
    Free Member

Can confirm slx m7000 mech works fine on my hardtail with 11-51 cassette no goat link or rad cage needed. Went from a 46t cassette and just needed a few turns on the b screw

phil5556

Can confirm slx m7000 mech works fine

It’ll be to go with a SRAM Rival mech.
    Don’t think a Shimano mech will work with SRAM Gravel (road) shifters?

rOcKeTdOg

been running the deore one with a grx rear mech foe a couple of years now
    Shimano Deore CS-M5100 cassette

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.