Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 11-40 10spd cassette
  • radoggair
    Free Member

way out the loop on this one, but does anyone do a 11-40 10spd cassette? or do we know if shimano/sram are producing one soon?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Basically. No.

tmb467
    Free Member

You’ll need a shimano XT 11-36 cassette and one of many branded extenders

That’ll take you to 40t (or 42t) by sacrificing the 17t (or 15/17 and replacing them with a 16t)

You can also do it with a SRAM 1071 cassette I think – just need to specify which when you buy the extender

kayak23

Trickstuff 11-40 tooth cassette.
    It does, or will exist (may be an 11-41T) , but it’s spendy mind.
    Article here

matther01
    Free Member

Defo trickstuff..although only 200 were imported into the UK recently. Pricey at £160+ tho

Yetiman
    Free Member

Leonardi factory has been looking at producing a General Lee full cassette for a while now. Possibly 38 and 40t versions.

https://www.facebook.com/LeonardiFactory

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Aren’t Shimano doing an XTR 11-40 casette for 2015 or is that 11 speed ?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ok, I read the question as an easily available off the shelf option, i.e. Sram or Shimano. clearly there are answers but all bloody expensive ones!

Northwind

One Up do a 40T that combines well with a Shimano cassette. I’ve got the 42T so not quite the same, good kit though. Setup was a pain in the arse frankly but once done, it was fine.

cookeaa

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for either shimano or SRAM to make make an 11-40 10 speed cassette, both will be keen for people to adopt their 11 speed offerings and an off the peg big range cassette will be a USP for both…

Just look at where their 9 speed cassettes stopped 11-34 well and one 12-36 option but basically they were never keen to extend the life of 9 speed too far, its just not good marketing.

10 speed will give way to 11 soon enough but the adapted solutions are actually pretty good when you look at them.

forge197
    Free Member

Not off the shelf but recently fitted a Hope 40T Sprocket and removed the 17t, works a treat, this has given me 11-40, good ratio’s and means that even though I am not as fit as I was a I can still ride 1×10 and get up some hills that otherwise I’d be pushing 🙂

kayak23

radoggair
    Free Member

looks perfect the response cassette, not cheap but gives the near range of the 11 spd stuff without a cassette, freehub body, shifter, mech change/cost

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘11-40 10spd cassette’ is closed to new replies.