Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 10UTB on same day as GT7?
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

Glentress 7 on same weekend it always has been, last bank holiday weekend in May. Noticed 10 under the ben, usually in April, scheduled for same day for 2020. Anyone know why? Seems bit crazy putting 2 of the biggest mtb races in Scotland on same day when plenty of folk would usually do both.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Drop Fraser an email and ask.

More than likely they didn’t bother to look/didn’t know gt7 was on that date when they planned.

stabilizers

Yes. A lot of disappointed people who would like to do both (like me). Might be rumour and speculation on my part but have numbers been falling in recent years? Might be trying to re-establish the event by going for the English bank holiday weekend and capture some of the tourist traffic.There’s no real conflict on their usual date that I can so its probably for long term strategic business reasons and to miss the midge season.
    GT7 has been consistently on that weekend so a bit annoying.

trail_rat
    Free Member

10utb hasn’t consistently been on any particular weekend for a long time

munrobiker
    Free Member

10 under always used to be that weekend.

I’d do 10 Under anyway- GT7 this year was a funny race, a lot of the mid field riders seemed to be taking it very very seriously and getting angsty and fractious (there was even a fist fight) while 10 Under is always peace and love.

trail_rat
    Free Member

10utbs been anytime between mid April and end of june

stabilizers

@Trail_rat. I doubt it that they did not anticipate that GT7 would be that day. Although GT7 messed up a little by not confirming the date until today. They are competitors in a crowded calendar. We’re long past the ‘cottage industry’ events of days gone by. They’re competing for business usually for the bit of profit there is.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m.nit really concerned.

I’ll be at 10 under regardless.

I wont be at gt7

Northwind

The target market’s probably not exactly the same but there’s enough overlap to make it absolutely stupid if it goes ahead like this tbh, maybe in the heyday of endurance type events it could have made sense but not these days

I know the GT7 has been on the same weekend for years now- it always messes with ChrisL’s birthday

speedstar

I just want to add there wasn’t actually a fist fight at GT7 but someone did clothesline me completely uneccessarily from behind resulting in some very stern words! Otherwise I had a very friendly race!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Out with the 24hr ones, are these the only two endurance type events left on Scotland?

trail_rat
    Free Member

No.

You also have the hillbilly events 10@kirroughtree and the muckmeddan 6hr

Northwind

munrobiker

(there was even a fist fight) while 10 Under is always peace and love.

Only time I did 10UTB there was a fight- some dude had spannered himself on the first slightly difficult bit and it all kicked off between what I think was his mate, and some random **** who objected to being delayed. Even though he was only about 10 places in front of me, and therefore must have been very slow anyway.

tpbiker
    Free Member

, a lot of the mid field riders seemed to be taking it very very seriously and getting angsty and fractious (there was even a fist fight)

I came across 2 absolute nuggets squaring off to each other in the middle of the trail at gt7 this year so I Can well believe that.

Bit odd to have them on same day, but imo tub is a more fun event, albeit a bit further away for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘10UTB on same day as GT7?’ is closed to new replies.