Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • 10th Wedding Anniversary, what do I get the missus?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

It’s not for a few months but I need to get planning/saving now. I need suggestions. Over to you.

philconsequence
    Free Member

need some background information:

what are her hobbies?
    what kinda big presents have you got her in the past (what standards have you set yourself)?
    what sort of budget?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s the ‘Tin’ anniversary.

So a tin of alphabetti spagetti arranged into the words ‘I Love You’.

She’ll thank your (well my) creativity.

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    therealhoops
    Free Member

background:

hobbies – twitter, running, music, Cath Kidston
    previous biggies – Links of London, Tiffanys, tbh she prefers lots of little prezzies rather than 1 biggy.
    budget – sweet fanny adams at the mo but I’m hoping to have a few hundred nearer the time

geoffj

Eternity ring, shirley?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A night in the same hotel you had for your wedding night. Worked well for me.

alfabus
    Free Member

The ‘modern US’ wedding anniversaries are strange… some of them are oddly specific:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary

44th anniversary – Groceries.. how romantic 🙂

Dave

dti

hobbies – twitter, running, music, Cath Kidston – Is she a stalker?

ourmaninthenorth

That wiki link means that for traditional US and UK, it’s quite acceptable not to get anything on any of the non “named” anniversaries….

Oh 😳

Congratulations…! Mrs North and I celebrated 15 years together last year (we’re not married though)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Up the duff?

philconsequence
    Free Member

cath kidston shops sell the material the bags etc are made from… learn to use a sewing machine and make her something?

Junkyard
    Free Member

WIki link the modern 48th is Optical goods[.b]
    (e.g., telescope, microscope

yes just what someone with fading eyesight aged about 70-80 needs – odd list

OP show her this thread to show her how much you care and how much thought you gave it

philconsequence
    Free Member

write her name in the garden using bulbs that wont flower until about the time of your anniversary?

BigJohn

A pearl themed gift maybe?

woody2000

Phil – you bloody romantic. That’s lovely that is 🙂

scaredypants

whatever you get her, make sure it’s disguised as a tin of spaghetti

(unless it’s a load of bulbs planted in the garden – that’d be bloody hard to pull off)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Eternity ring, shirley?

as my good lady would put it a ‘Feels Like Eterntiy’ ring….. 😉

Seriously though – some good ideas up there ^^^^. Seems romance is not dead, just yet 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

cath kidston shops sell the material the bags etc are made from

And get that Bunnyhop wot is off here to make you something siotable (not curtains, though she is very good at that)

vorlich
    Free Member

hobbies – twitter

eh?

yunki
    Free Member

pregnant.. think of the benefits..!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

as much as its great to support things like bunnyhops business up there, i have a sneaking feeling that the thought of you slaving over a sewing machine trying to make a bag for her would be just as romantic as the gift itself?

there is a book called ‘sew’ by cath kidston that includes all the templates and instructions to make a bag (it also includes the fabric already pre-cut to make it with)… if it were me i’d take a look at the CK stuff your wife already owns and get a feel for what patterns she likes then go and pick your own material, possibly sourcing some vintage buttons to use as well instead of standard plastic things. you can then use the instructions in the book as a guideline for making your own CK bag for her.

the ‘sew’ book also includes a CK label in with the pre-cut material that you could use if you wanted so her friends get all jealous…. but its the making it yourself that’s the important bit.

bonus points for hiding a piece of jewellery in the bag or a hand written note with something like ‘if it was you or the sun, i’d chose eternal darkness to spend one more moment with you’ written on it.

practice on some scrap material first as you dont want to ruin your expesive CK material 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

‘if it was you or the sun, i’d chose eternal darkness to spend one more moment with you’

Jesus H. Christ

Get a torch.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve got troutlights, why do i need a torch?

Junkyard
    Free Member

bonus points for hiding a piece of jewellery in the bag or a hand written note with something like ‘if it was you or the sun, i’d chose eternal darkness to spend one more moment with you’ written on it

The vomit should test how good your sewing is …..

therealhoops
    Free Member

phil – I like your style! are you the wife in disguise?

tang
    Free Member

Our 10th was last week. We had a ruddy great row to celebrate. Postponed to the next day, and as we aint into gifts, we cooked a lovely meal together after the kids went to bed and I told her I loved her..lots.

therealhoops
    Free Member

tang – that sounds like everyday in the TRH household

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

romance doesnt need to be as sickly as that, the point being a meaningful hand written note could have more value than a piece of jewellery 8)

i’m just trying to help 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

meaningful hand written note could have more value than a piece of jewellery

Absolutely 100% and +1 too.

therealhoops
    Free Member

you’ve clearly never met the missus

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

How about a Cath Kidston phone/ipod cover embossed with the words “Who’d have thought we’d get this far. Shall we give it another 10?”

Cougar

It’s the ‘Tin’ anniversary.

Celebrate twice! Get her a book about Tintin.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some CathK material 🙂 I’m gonna sew dammit!

Cougar

“How romantic, you’ve ruined some perfectly good cloth, just for me!”

DrP

Ten years – doesn’t that mean she gives you a trip to Centre Parcs…

😉

DrP

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you get frustrated with the sewing you could always just cut out a square and tell her its an ‘ethically sourced tea towel’ 😆

(if you’re going for the bag idea then i think that ‘sew’ book would be a wise investment. mrsconsequence has a copy and if she can make a bag then anyone can!)

therealhoops
    Free Member

phil – you’re too kind but the prickwork I’ve got in mind is akin to darning socks. Major birdmiles will be accrued.

Bunnyhop

I’ve ordered some CathK material I’m gonna sew dammit!

therealhoops have you checked out my blog (thanks ourmaninthenorth)?
    I’m local to you, so you’re welcome to pop in and see stuff (aka mrs. nbt)

My stuff is very similar to Cath Kidston, or, I could make up a handbag or something for you and say you made it 8)
    http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but the prickwork I’ve got in mind

8)

Bunnyhop

Ooooh you lot are so romantic 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘10th Wedding Anniversary, what do I get the missus?’ is closed to new replies.