Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 10speed xt crankset work with slx 12 speed?
  • goby

Hi all, ok so doing a new build and hoping to transfer some of my old parts over, will a XT m785 crankset work with the new Shimano 12 speed set up? Will I need a new chainring? Cheers

Murray

Should be fine – I’ve got XT 10 speed with Sram Eagle GX and a Superstar Narrow Wide chainring

goby

Excellent thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sillyoldman

Shimano chain different though, and you’ll only get the benefit of improved shifting with the Shimano chain, which requires a compatible 12 Spd Shimano compatible ring.

Murray

It it’s a single chainring up front I can’t see how that’ll change the shifting. Agree the Shimano 12 speed chain would be best.

sillyoldman

Sorry – to be clearer – you need the Shimano chain too get the advantage of better up and down shifts on the cassette. That Shimano chain supposedly needs a different chainring tooth profile.

honourablegeorge

As above, Shimano chain can be fussy with some chainrings – in some cases, a SRAM quicklink sorts the issue, but other chainrings don’t play well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘10speed xt crankset work with slx 12 speed?’ is closed to new replies.