Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 10spd SRAM mech compatible with shimano 10spd shifters?
  • Lofty
    Free Member

10spd SRAM mech compatible with shimano 10spd shifters?

cookeaa

nope

clubber
    Free Member

No

arb14
    Free Member

Different ratio pull between Shimano and Sram , so No unfortunatly

Lofty
    Free Member

OK thanks for the quick response – Shimano it is then!!

GJP
    Free Member

Are we talking road or mtb here?

My scott scale came with SRAM 10 speed shifters and SLX front mech. So if it works this way around then why not the other way? What am I missing?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Rear mech won’t work while front mech probably will… which is probably why your Scott has one.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have actually had some success with a Sram Force rear mech and 10 speed XT shifters- may be worth a go if you happen to have a Sram mech already that you want to keep using it. Shimano have reduced their pull ratio so much that’s almost exactly the same as Sram now.

billyboy
    Free Member

NO is the correct answer.

SRAM 10 spd MTB cassettes are supposed to work with shimano 10 speed road kit if you use a shimano 9 speed mega rear mech to take up the extra chain that would involve, and that’s with shimano sti 10 spd road shifters…according to Chris Juden of CTC tech pages anyway…I haven’t tried it.

Shiman designkers have set shimano 10 speed mtb kit out there on it’s own…not compatible with anything else…FFS….WHY?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘10spd SRAM mech compatible with shimano 10spd shifters?’ is closed to new replies.