Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • 10@Kirry, the whos going/coming thread
  • Trekster

Currently on holiday and thought this may have been started by now.

So who is entered?

I will be the one sleeping(jet lagged)by the Scottish Cycling van 🙄

forge197
    Free Member

I'll be there 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

yup im there.

recovering from a chest infection though – so trios for me

twa aberdeen rowies and a farfir bridie ! look out for an asthmatic whippet lookeylikey

warton
    Free Member

I'm there, doing solo. Driving up on the morning from Newcastle. Thinking of setting off at 4 to get there for 7ish. Do you think thats long enough to get registered, set up etc?

trail_rat
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmm – starting the race tired 😀

id reccomend camping … you realise the road to kirroughtree from the M-way is horrible – like a pint of castor oil so it is ! get stuck behind anything and your boned – unless you have alot of travel on your loud pedal of course 😀

Beagleboy

I'll be the chubby guy in the Stirling Bike Club top, at the back as usual. Gimme a wave as you go by. 8)

warton
    Free Member

trail_rat I was initially going to camp, but new baby and lack of camping gear has put paid to that. I was going to buy a small tent, but babies seem to spend more money than I thought possible. I hate camping anyway, so I'd probably only get a few hours anyway.

ittaika
    Free Member

i'll be there as part of a duo. we were supposed to be a trio, but the third man has had to drop out due to a horrible sinus infection, poor bloke…

willv

Trekster
    Andrew and I were meant to be doing it as a pair but i came a cropper at Kirry last week and managed to break my heel bone !! So no biking for a few months full stop.
    Have fun

Will

ittaika
    Free Member

a broken heel bone? ouch!

trail_rat
    Free Member

You mates with andy dodds then ittaikia ?

Graham_Clark

I'll be there… Just loving the forecast at the moment!!!
    Friday (day & night) – Heavy Rain
    Saturday (day) – Heavy Rain

Bring it on… 😆

MS
    Free Member

In trio with trail rat.

Look out for a shiny new Scott frame (warranty job) and a clunking of gears as it will be its first test ride!

If you hear a very loud airhorn during the race…I may be the guilty party… 😆

dickydutch

I'll be there solo. Camping fri and also driving up from Newcastle.
    Can't believe that weather forecast! Unbelievable.

warton
    Free Member

Camping fri and also driving up from Newcastle

Friday (day & night) – Heavy Rain
    Saturday (day) – Heavy Rain

The race is Sunday Isn't it? July 11th on the website…

warton
    Free Member

Oh bollocks I was looking at 2009….

fisha
    Free Member

i start work at 1800hrs on friday night, working through till 0400hrs. I'll then have a short snooze at work, then drive down for registration, then cycle.

yay.

i think i'll be falling asleep on the trail !

oh – and getting very wet by the looks of it.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I'm riding in a pair and torn whether to camp on Friday due to the forecast. Although being optimistic, its never rained heavily in all the times I have ridden at Kirro previously 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

BDB – a pair with the G-unit ?

jimmy

I'm there pairing up with Kit.

Doug – you are WEAK (remember that)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I have entered but I'll be on a flight to Geneva when it kicks off at 9am (holiday snafu…).

Good luck to all! (Oh, and pack a waterproof or two)

Saintly
    Free Member

I'll be there Trekster, be good to see you again mate, it's been a while 😀

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I'll be there. Mostly huddling under my van tailgate by the look of the forecast!!

ittaika
    Free Member

aye, trail-rat, it's andy who has dropped out. he's getting his hospital visits in before the race this time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

that man is a nightmare … used to race DH with him back in the day and it nearly always resulted in a similar outcome … andys in l`hopital

ittaika
    Free Member

=) he does seem a little accident prone

ChrisL

This'll be the first year that I won't be at 10 at Kirroughtree. 10 Under the Ben left me undermotivated to do another race/event this year.

stevio

i'm in with my brother, though i'm just 3 weeks over a carpal tunnel op – also after 2 years of bragging about how good KT is a fair few of the Manx MTB club are going too. Up the Manx!!!! (and all the other "comeovers" who ride bikes too it must be admitted). Might manage a few laps – got to generate an appetite for the NS curry place Saturday night after all…. Got my Benromach, Manx MTB and Loghtan Loaded tops too.

Are the Nae Falls Nae Balls (sic) lads going too? – they did the IOM E2E last year and were sound if slightly off the wall…. 🙂

kron77
    Free Member

If anyone from edinburgh needs a lift to the race (10@kirry), I am leaving at 06:00 on saturday morning and returning pretty shortly to edi after race finish (I do plan on making it to the last lap). I have room for one bike on the roof. Chuck in for fuel money and some good banter is all I require in return….post a reply if keen.

amatuer

Was there at the weekend getting some training in. Shame about the forecast though as the trails were in fantastic condition.

Trekster

forge197 – Member
    I'll be there

Knees feeling better then Paul?
    Should be hovering around the Scottish Cycling van and the guys`n gals wearing Steppingstanes tops, under waterproofs going by the posts below 🙄

willv – Member
    Trekster
    Andrew and I were meant to be doing it as a pair but i came a cropper at Kirry last week and managed to break my heel bone !! So no biking for a few months full stop.
    Have fun

Will

Tough one Will. Intend enjoying it regardless of weather, will have been off the bike for 3wks or so and spent 18hrs in aeroplanes and airports till I arrive home on Fri sometime ❗

Saintly – Member
    I'll be there Trekster, be good to see you again mate, it's been a while

Hi simon. If you need a pit we can surely accomodate you if you want o stop by any time 😀 forge^^^^is also soloing btw

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I'll be there…MrFC soloing.
    Camping Friday and Saturday.

forge197
    Free Member

Trekster Knee/Quad – not too bad did 6 days back to back in the Alps and was ok not 100% but rideable on, Asthma seems a new issue when riding this week!! Personally not to keen on the forecast so reserve the right to go and do something else 🙂

Hope you are having a nice holiday

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I'm going – soloing.

Trekster – you camping or heading back to Dumfries? If you're staying over will catch up with you for a beer.

What's the consensus on bike and tyres……..? 😆 I've not decided yet if I'll be on a nice and comfy full susser or a jey hardtail.

forge197
    Free Member

I reckon HT and 2.1 Maxxis Ignitors is my plan.

ewawoowa
    Free Member

I'll be there, part of a bad tempered duo………….F**kin Rain!!!!!

First time at an event, so blame me for the weather……F**kin Jinx!!!

How Big is this Scottish Cycling Van? Cause i dont think our tent will survive that forecast….

Lookin forward to it though, in a weird twisted way…….

warton
    Free Member

hmm, haven't got anything like a tent for resting between laps, may get a cheap Gazebo tonight…

bike wise I'll be on 456 and 1.95 small block 8s

footflaps

Riding as 1/3 of a Vet Trio. Luckily staying in a B&B given the weather forecast!

brydon
    Free Member

heading down in a 'trio' with ittaika… sans dodds. at least he won't suffer from post race dehydration this time.

recovering from a chest infection and out on the bike last night for the first time in two weeks so my expectations for this weekend are limited. finish a lap and i'll be happy.

after attending relentless twice before, i was hoping for slightly different conditions at kirroughtree in july. nae luck…

warton
    Free Member

the forecast seems to be calming down, still wet, but not the heavy relentless rain previously forecast

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘10@Kirry, the whos going/coming thread’ is closed to new replies.