Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 105yo cyclist
  • eskay

Saw that on the news this morning, brilliant!

racefaceec90

😀

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Great stuff, looks like his dad has bought him a bike he will grow into!
    could be a long wait for a rival, might set it as a goal!

globalti
    Free Member

They should have given him a proper track bike; I’m sure he’d have hit 17 or 18 mph. I see he didn’t start taking cycling seriously until 68 – I’ve been a reborn cyclist since age 32 and I’m still not taking it seriously.

njee20
    Free Member

I imagine a bit of stability is welcome at 105, over complete aeroness! Chapeau to the man though.

Edric64
    Free Member

He raced as a young man ,not in his 60s .He came back to cycling when he retired

atlaz
    Free Member

I see he didn’t start taking cycling seriously until 68

Well he started racing when he was too young for a license but I think he stopped as a young adult, probably down to the war and having to work, raise a family etc.

That’s one of the most amazing things about his age; the things he’s lived through. He’s old enough to vaguely remember WW1, participate in WW2 and the wars in Korea and Indochina. He’s seen the mass adoption of the car, the aeroplane, computers and the internet. He’s been around for the rise and fall of the Soviet Union, the rise of the Chinese communists, the fall of the British (and French and German and Dutch and…) empire. Disc brakes, 650b… 😉

I think there have been few centuries like the 20th for huge global shifts and it’s amazing that someone who has lived through them all is STILL riding his bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘105yo cyclist’ is closed to new replies.