104 chainring compatability

Home Forum Bike Forum 104 chainring compatability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 104 chainring compatability
  • I had exactly the same thing with my Truvativ cranks, having to file down the tabs on both middle and granny rings to fit onto the spiders, even though the BCD was correct. I think my Hope chainring fitted just fine but my On-One s/s ring required filing down.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

That’s good to know on Hope, one of my short list. cheers. Also implies my looking at pics and guessing is at least a bit accurate. 😀

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

I’ve got a truvativ firex crank set on the HT which is basically made up of bits and bobs I had kicking about at the time. I was changing the chainset and was surprised to find the spare chainring didn’t fit (both old and new were shimano), while they’re both 104, the inner diameter (of the inner most part of the ring, ie the inside of the bolt holes) is smaller than on the old ring I removed. by about 2mm, 1mm each side.

Well bother, so buying a chain ring, not the end of the world, but looking about the shops I can’t see any mention of this as a variable so wondering if the hivemind can tell me what I’m looking for (is it a thing with a name or do i just have look at pictures and guess/hope), or suggest a single ring chainring which is affordable but good and likely to fit.

Ta muchly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘104 chainring compatability’ is closed to new replies.