Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • 1,007,195 Unique Users visited us in the last month
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

So that’s 1 million unique users and twice as many identikit users with an Audi, a woodburner, a rigid singlespeed 29er, a malt whisky collection and a coffee fetish?

Cougar

a typical visit lasting 6 minutes and 41 seconds.

I’m curious as to how that figure is arrived at. Far as I know, there’s no auto-refresh on forum pages; so you can’t readily tell the difference between a reader opening a single page and then immediately closing it, and another sitting there gazing at it for half an hour. Presumably then, it’s a best guess based on when perceived activity stops.

druidh
    Free Member

Time on site will be less now that there are only 35 posts per page as it’ll take less time to read. Mind you, that will have increased page impressions, so it’s not all bad.

footflaps

I’m curious as to how that figure is arrived at.

Google ‘Google Analytics’ it’s all there and you can add it to your website for free…..

phil.w
    Free Member

So if I login from home, from my iPhone and from my work PC I take it that counts as 3 ‘individual users’?

For now yes. Unless Singletrack have signed up to the Universal Analytics Beta.

Soon Google are dropping tracking users by cookies and switching to user ID’s which will allow tracking of individuals across multiple devices.

Bounce rate has increased by 7% over this time last year.

That’s not bad at all, I’d have expected it to be higher.

Tom
    Free Member

Bounce rate has increased by 7% over this time last year.

That’s not bad at all, I’d have expected it to be higher.
    I think Mark might mean 7 percentage points, which is an increase of about 14%
    [/stats pedant]

Cougar

Google ‘Google Analytics’ it’s all there and you can add it to your website for free…..

I skim-read the link posted earlier and didn’t see that specific question answered. I’m curious, but I don’t care enough to wade through a ream of documentation to find out.

toby1

Does this mean the hamster have got a bonus for the year? Some little chocolate treats or a bit of oil on their wheel? Maybe even time off for good behaviour where they can roam the office in a hamster ball?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont know what any of this means but, given how pleased you are with it all [ never seen so many staff on one thread], well done

zokes
    Free Member

They’re not actually staff – they just paid some bloke a fiver for a new tag

Drac

Pretty good going. Well done.

galactus
    Free Member

No surprises here…excellent website 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, mickey pulling aside, that’s good going. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Actually, mickey pulling aside, that’s good going.

They have got to you as well now?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/video]

Sandwich

We’re all using Tor, it’s about 60 individuals really.

elliptic
    Free Member

identikit users with an Audi, a woodburner, a rigid singlespeed 29er, a malt whisky collection and a coffee fetish?

How very dare you, I haven’t got a 29er…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Impressive however you calculate it.

Well done you lot.

“clap hands smilie required”

portlyone

The current rate is in the report in the story on the front page

There’s a front page?! 😉

Mark

Yeah it’s where the the rest of us hangout. Has no one told you about it? Ah! er.. awkward…

😉

yunki
    Free Member

You are ALL individuals!

except for me..!! 😛

DavidB
    Free Member

This guy here worked out how to narrow the figure down to get the value pretty much bang on by comparing the stats between logged on/logged off visits, thus answering the “I log on via numerous devices” question.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

DavidB – Yes, for his site but the process would have to be carried out for every site on order for it to be a useful figure. What’s important in web stats is normally comparison between sites. So as long as we are all measuring the same thing, we can compare.

Personally I always thought pageviews and visits were more useful comparators, but unless I can persuade the rest of the web and advertising industries that doesn’t really mean much.

DavidB
    Free Member

If you mean pageviews to visits ratio then I agree. As an advertiser I would want to see a site where lots of users spend a lot of time (which is what you get if you reduce your unique visitors figure 😉 )

Mark

Monday was our busiest day in history. 80,025 visits. We have now gone over 2 million visits in the last month.

zokes
    Free Member

If you wave your willy around for much longer Mark, it’ll fall off

Mark

when it’s so big what else is one supposed to do 🙂

footflaps

So when do you up the advertising rates? 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

Mark – technical question – what’s at the back end of STW (if you can disclose such things)? Cloud based virtual server? Dedicated physical server? Multiple virtual/physical?

zokes
    Free Member

when it’s so big what else is one supposed to do

Ah, that’s just the swelling due to frostbite – you should probably get to hospital about that

Rubber_Buccaneer

This suggests a flaw in the theory that a million monkeys with a million typewriters will reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Then again, only a tiny fraction of us ‘users’ post in the forums.

footflaps

Then again, only a tiny fraction of us ‘users’ post in the forums.

We should renegotiate our rates with STW Towers as it’s obvious we’re under paid right now…..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hmmm, another banana would come in handy.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘1,007,195 Unique Users visited us in the last month’ is closed to new replies.