Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • £1000 on Cyclescheme, any good deals around?
  • pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I’m helping a friend look for a mountainbike, his company are with Cyclescheme (http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/), so that excludes Halfords/Boardman, Rose, Canyon etc. as far as I can see. Main shops are Evans and Cycle Surgery, plus loads of independents.

He’s looking for a general trail/XC bike, ideally full sus, but price rises for 2012 seem to have pushed all of the big manufacturers entry level full suspension bikes out of the £1000 bracket, so it might have to be a hardtail.

Best deal I’ve found on a full sus seems to be this: http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p3618

and the On-One 456 Evo seems like a good value hardtail for the price.

Are there any 2012 full suspension bikes for under a grand that I’ve missed? Or good deals around in sales/last years models?

druidh
    Free Member

Cheap deals and Cyclescheme don’t normally go together. The retailer loses around 10% of the purchase price to the Cyclescheme operators, so they’re not normally keen to put discounted bikes through it.

jota180
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles do it on sales bikes but add 10%

soma_rich
    Free Member

I used Paul Cycles for my cycles scheme bike there were great. That giant is a great spec weather its £900 or £990!

v666ern
    Free Member

still awaiting reviews of the evo, but for the money its good

how about a genesis…think the general opinion is there slightly better quality than the on one

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Rather what I thought about offers, there don’t seem to be many 2011 bikes left around anyway.

Is no-one doing a decent full suspension bike for under £1000 this year? Otherwise, whats the hive mind’s opinion on the best value hardtails for 2012?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Boardman, all the way either race bike, hardtail or full suss. They are all class at that price.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Boardman, all the way either race bike, hardtail or full suss. They are all class at that price.

Agreed, unfortunately they aren’t available through “Cycle Scheme”, only through Halford’s “Cycle 2 Work” scheme.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘£1000 on Cyclescheme, any good deals around?’ is closed to new replies.