£1000 hardtail 29r…….best vfm?

Home Forum Bike Forum £1000 hardtail 29r…….best vfm?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • £1000 hardtail 29r…….best vfm?
  • Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

And 4% cashback if your go thru quidco

Nice advertising, jameso!

😉

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

that looks very nice indeed.

shifter

Dale with a Lefty at Paul’s.

Premier Icon marko75
    Subscriber

Parkwood?

bikeneil

I wouldn’t buy any bike from a retailer that sets their own retail price for a product and then claims it’s on offer and discounted down to the price it should have been all along.

Jamie

I wouldn’t buy any bike from a retailer that sets their own retail price for a product and then claims it’s on offer and discounted down to the price it should have been all along.

😀

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

what is hot on the market at around £1k.
    steel or alloy, not fussed, lockable forks, to be used for odd slow days offroad and mixed terrain touring.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

on one lurcher looks ideal….good price too.

jamesy01

Parkwood, got one, it’s ace…

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

CFH, it’s on offer as all the new stuff’s arriving next month so why not post it up.

James, entirely fine to post it. As before, I just think that you ought to declare your interest for those who might not know.

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

If there was a footer to declare then all in the trade could do so. As it is, there isn’t, and again, it was a fact / piece of info posted without opinion. If I’d have said it was the best bike at a grand bar none, that would be wrong. Simply posting a bike I know of at the mo that’s not bad for under 1000 doesn’t need disclaimers, as with anything posted on here it’s up to the readers to judge what’s a good bit of info or not I think.

Jamie

If there was a footer to declare then all in the trade could do so.

That feature is built into the new forum.

Coming in 2011, so watch this space!

Why not share this thread while you wait? 😐

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

The pinnacle looks good.

Personally… I’d get a Voodoo Bizango for £525 (after BC discount and Topcashback), give it some nicer tyres, and spend the rest on hookers. Or, possibly a dab of lighter parts. Had a go on one a wee while back and honestly, you wouldn’t complain if you spent your entire £1000 budget on one.

@Jameso, do you own Evans or have a significant financial interest in the success of the company? If not, tell this lot to do one 😉

Jamie

Personally… I’d get a Voodoo Bizango for £525 (after BC discount and Topcashback), give it some nicer tyres, and spend the rest on hookers. Or, possibly a dab of lighter parts. Had a go on one a wee while back and honestly, you wouldn’t complain if you spent your entire £1000 budget on one.

This won’t be an issue for Ton, but does anyone know why they only do the Bizango in 18″ and 20″? Surely making a 16″ would open them up to shortarse based sales?

Yours,

A Medium Shortarse.

…tell this lot to do one

TBF, it’s only CFH who continually brings it up.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

TBH, jameso is one of the most undersated industry folks on here, so don’t be harsh !

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

This won’t be an issue for Ton, but does anyone know why they only do the Bizango in 18″ and 20″? Surely making a 16″ would open them up to shortarse based sales?

It’s a long and sordid story so to cut to the chase, Sir Benjamin Halford-Ripspeed the Third hates anyone under 5 foot 9.

Jamie

Sir Benjamin Halford-Ripspeed the Third hates anyone under 5 foot 9.

I knew that **** would be behind it.

Premier Icon granny_ring
    Subscriber

That Boardman looks great value, even more so with the discounts.

satchm00

Having won hardtail of the year (second year running?) with other magazines why not look at the VooDoo bizango 29er?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-bizango-29er-mountain-bike-20

You’ll save yourself £400 and having read a few reviews its better than most £1000+ hardtails.

Premier Icon I_did_dab
    Subscriber

+1 for the lurcher. Very happy with mine…

Jamie

It’s a shame they don’t do a full build of the lurcher with a rigid carbon fork.

That would be noice.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

isn’t that Voodoo really heavy? i’ve recommended the Cube Attention to folk doing Cyclscheme. They seem happy 🙂
    Theres a nice Scott Scale on sale .

Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

Ive got a lurcher tony its very nice 😉 even nicer now the insurance has paid out so I dont have to sell it to fund a car for our lass 🙂

monkeychild

I have the Boardman. I got it for £720!! It’s very capable and rides a treat. Helped get me on the podium at the bonty this weekend.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

monkeychild – Member
    I have the Boardman. I got it for £720!! It’s very capable and rides a treat. Helped get me on the podium at the bonty this weekend.

Hey congrats, tough weekend for different reasons eh? Hot on Saturday and very bumpy.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

Bit late to the party (sorry I’ve been working and riding bikes!) but check out the Whyte 629.

Very worthy of a mention at the £1k mark. Looks the business too!

monkeychild

@Kryton cheers. It was brutal. Where you riding a mamasita in a singletrack top??

ChunkyMTB

jameso – Member

If there was a footer to declare then all in the trade could do so. As it is, there isn’t, and again, it was a fact / piece of info posted without opinion. If I’d have said it was the best bike at a grand bar none, that would be wrong. Simply posting a bike I know of at the mo that’s not bad for under 1000 doesn’t need disclaimers, as with anything posted on here it’s up to the readers to judge what’s a good bit of info or not I think.

Just ignore him mate, most people do. Tedious doesn’t begin to describe him…

Anyway, my mate has one of those bikes you linked to and it’s pretty good.

psychobiker

I really rate my Scott Scale 960.

psychobiker

Sorry forgot to post piccy

Sorry for logos.

duner

I work for Evans and own a Ramin five, because it was the spec and geometry available for that price. It’s ace.

mikertroid

As a very happy owner of a Ramin 4 bought under CTW scheme, I’m praying the 5 will still be available next April!

Tyres lasted a handful of rides and the resin pads don’t last long if you’re doing lots of descending but the bike inspires oodles of confidence. Now they’ve dropped the price of the Ramin 5, I reckon you can’t go wrong.

The boardman looks very good VFM; suspect it might appeal more as something to race on than the playful nature of the Pinnacle.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

monkeychild – Member
    @Kryton cheers. It was brutal. Where you riding a mamasita in a singletrack top??

Nope, an asr5 with various red tops. I did have a chat to one rider chasing the podium on a cotic on his 28th lap – wasn’t you was it?

velomanic

Bit late to the party (sorry I’ve been working and riding bikes!) but check out the Whyte 629.

Very worthy of a mention at the £1k mark. Looks the business too!

Great bike, the 2015 model’s been upgraded with an air fork too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘£1000 hardtail 29r…….best vfm?’ is closed to new replies.