Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • £ 1000 full suspension
  • ktmblag
    Free Member

a work colleague is doing the cycle to work scheme and is wanting a full suspension bike with a budget of a thousand pound. he is looking at the Boardman team fs. was wondering if anyone recommended anything else. he knows 1000 won’t buy a dream bike.thanks muchly

hmanchester
    Free Member

Have a look at Decathlon’s offering – they’ve started doing cycle to work now.

One of these or the next one up are cracking value

Next one up

somouk
    Free Member

If all else fails the Boardmans are excellent.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Full suss Giants, Cannondales and Mongooses are sub £1000 at Pauls Cycles

Hard to go wrong with any of those.

KonaTC

somouk – Member

If all else fails the Boardmans are excellent.

+1 dont forget to ask for extra’s I got a gold standard lock and some tyres thrown in for my £999

DaveRambo

Persuade him that he needs a HT and he will get a better bike that will need less maintenance.

If it’s CTW then he’s unlikely to be able to buy from Pauls (which do great deals) If he has to have a FS then I’d get the Boardman – very hard to beat in terms of value for a current year model.

rene59
    Free Member

Have a look at Decathlon’s offering – they’ve started doing cycle to work now.

I had one of the 9.1 bikes, great value at £800 even better at £700 I believe if you can get to a store still selling old 2012 stock. Was a nice enough bike, rode well and rear suspension felt more expensive than it was.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    mtbtomo
    Free Member

You can use Cyclescheme at Paul’s. Can’t remember if they add 10% to the sale price though. A mate of mine used Cyclescheme to get a Giant XTC from there a few years ago.

knightrider
    Free Member

wtf that scott is soooooooo wrong

johnnystorm

Halfords also give you a voucher for 10% value for accessories.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘£ 1000 full suspension’ is closed to new replies.