Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • 100% horse meat, neigh it can't be true
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Is anyone else completely unsurprised that cr*p food is full of cr*p?

Obviously being singletrack niche most of us here shop at farmers markets and will be unaffected by this which is nice.

jon1973
    Free Member

[Quote] Is anyone else completely unsurprised that cr*p food is full of cr*p?[/quote]

Neigh

timbur
    Free Member

If horse meat is good enough for the French……………….

seba560
    Free Member

Are you claiming that horse meat is crap then?

nealglover
    Free Member

What’s “crap food” about horse meat ?

Or have I misunderstood the OP ?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Horse meat is superb, can’t believe its all being binned…..

Mantastic
    Free Member

Horse meat is lovely

starsh78
    Free Member

to be fair what do people think happens to the rest of the horse at the glue factory? FINDUS!

jon1973
    Free Member

I think the point is that we are sold one thing that turns out to be another, not that there is anything wrong with horse meat in itself. Just like there is nothing wrong with pork until it turns up in halal food.

Cougar

It’s in ready meals now? Probably want to test the spaghetti bologneighs.

jon1973
    Free Member

Another PR disaster. There will be some long faces at Findus this week.

nealglover
    Free Member

I must have not seen whatever news story this refers to ?

There wasnt a link to anything in the OP so I just presumed that the OP was saying that 100% Horse Meat was “crap food”

Irish_AL
    Free Member

One less horse on bridle ways, more room for bikes………………..

Ooops did I say that out loud 😯

Swelper
    Free Member

This staggers beleive in my view. Anything these days that is manufactured goes through some firm of pre production QA Then final QA before despatch.

Are these companies simply purchasing on price alone and neglecting the quality or ingredients in this case. Gross negilance. Saying they did not know is not an excuse

Sandwich

Horsemeat is fine as long as it isn’t full of Bute. Though Bertie would have another get-out if he tests positive again, keep a bin full of Findus lasagne boxes and you’re in the clear!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Another PR disaster. There will be some long faces at Findus this week.

Nice one! Made me chuckle anyway.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m not saying horse meats crap, I’d eat it myself, more that surely folk weren’t expecting minced fillet steak when they bought a kilo of lasagne for a quid. Just the strange sensibilities of the the Uk

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m not saying horse meats crap, I’d eat it myself, more that surely folk weren’t expecting minced fillet steak when they bought a kilo of lasagne for a quid. Just the strange sensibilities of the the Uk

A link to the news story you are talking about might help in future 😉

I tend to miss the news all day till 10 o’clock.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

A link to the news story you are talking about might help in future

Sorry Neal, I’d always assumed everyone on here worked in IT and media with an iPad glued to their hand or worked in office that had Sky News on constant rotation

2orangey4crows

Poor Findus. I wouldn’t want to be saddled with those accusations.

br
    Free Member

What amazes me is the number of companies that this cheap ‘meat’ is making money for, and also the number of journeys (and associated costs).

chickenman

I found some packets in a my neighbours wheelie bin 😯

Kevevs
    Free Member

If Heston and Jamie were raving on about how great and tasty Horsemeat was and the fab dishes you could cook up, it’d be premium priced out the front of Waitrose and Tesco! I was a bit surprised when they took a few ranges off the shelves in the supermarket where I work, only surpriised in the fact that burgers wern’t on the menu in the staff (sorry, I mean colleague) canteen for the next 2 weeks. Maybe they’ve put ’em in the canteen freezer for a bit till it all blows over..

glupton1976
    Free Member

It sickens me that they’re just going to hoof all that food into the bin. Someone needs a proper shoeing for that. Pretty lame thing to do if you ask me.

chewkw
    Free Member

But pork taste like human or the other way round according to the Papuan people.

Yes, if the celebrity chefs eat shite then everyone eat shite.

Kevevs
    Free Member

longpig butties are divine don’t you know Chewk!

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

longpig butties are divine don’t you know Chewk!

Yes, delicious pink meat … hhhmmmm … belly pork anyone?

athgray
    Free Member

They are talking about bringing in stricter QC tests now. Surely this is a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Mackem

..gives you the trots.

Stoner
    Free Member

Meat is Red Rum!

Mackem

pour some shergar on me….

hatter

I do wonder about this country, “20p burger made mostly of mechanically recovered meat (Ears, eyes, brains and ring pieces in other words)yum yum.”

“Horse meat? ergh! no thanks!”

*sigh*

Had horse steak the last time I was in Geneva, it was lovely.

jonba
    Free Member

It is not the fact that it is horsemeat it is the fact they have completely lost control of their supply chain. They have found horse because they have tested for horse. The concern is that there could be anything in there if there is no control and it may not be safe for human consumption.

This story springs to mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10565838

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m envisioning the opening of CSI where some meat processing factory worker falls into the processor and they only know this cos they find a bit of human DNA in a burger..

Wasn’t there a chapter in Fast Food Nation that explained the traces of faeces in McDonalds burgers – that the cows shat themselves and some of the contents of the burgers was scrapings off the slaughterhouse floor. Can’t remember. Sounds yummy though!

Mackem

Actually, Fast Food Nation revealed that McDonalds have some of the tightest controls on their meat you’ll find. – to avoid costly compo claims, but be fair.

chewkw
    Free Member

Can you be certain that all those processed meats you are eating do contain longpig DNA?

Or ya … I dont eat beast of burden so I can rule myself out on most of the red meats.

Castrated pigs taste good without those odour.

😆

Riksbar

From failure in the 3.30 at Doncaster, to success on a plate for you!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I like it Riksbar, you should be in Marketing. I swear I read something about cowpoop in burgers in FFN. Obviously it all sunk in!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I do wonder about this country, “20p burger made mostly of mechanically recovered meat (Ears, eyes, brains and ring pieces in other words)yum yum.”

“Horse meat? ergh! no thanks!”

Indeed. Having worked in a meat processing factory and seen what goes into various meat products a little bit of horse meat should be the least of people’s worries.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Is it time to mention Soylent Green?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘100% horse meat, neigh it can't be true’ is closed to new replies.