• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Pre dinner walk with the kids and a 25min stretching routine after. Both very nice.

ajt123
    Free Member

Day 1 Weights and road ride.
    Day 2 Kettlebells
    Day 3 Stand up paddle board

Day 4 Feel sick. No cardio for me. Free weights it is…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Never got a ride in, too much to do the house 🙄. Went for a run with the kids on their bikes and then to the park where I was hoping to do some bodyweight stuff but too many folk about to be looking like a weirdo on the monkey bars!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

stretching routine after

Can you film this for us next time? 😂

jeffl

5 and a bit kilometer run today, after doing family stuff in the morning and painting the fence this afternoon. Local route, so not very exciting but still good to get out.

sirromj

After being on the verge of declaring my hatred of road riding due to commuting on busy roads, I felt like an easy ride was about what I needed today. A nice relaxed easy pace. Looked like rain when I left, and it did rain, just not on me, which was nice. Took the long route along country lanes to my parents (21 miles), took the short route home (3 miles).

Much preferred your seafront badlands photographs.

If you’d like to pay for our family to move back where we used to live I’ll get some more for you.

But in the mean time here’s this

The sea is behind you in the bottom left pic, and to your right in the top right 🙂

funkrodent

I’m a late entrant to the fold having just discovered this thread, but did 30mins on exercise bike this morning, played footie with the kids in the park for about an hour yesterday, took the dog to the river on Friday and cycled 25mins each way into town on Thursday, so seem to inadvertently be on track. Five a side tomorrow

stripeysocks
    Free Member

The “official” exercise was an hour of cycling with a local group before peeling off as I had to be somewhere and it was starting to rain quite a bit. Also went for a couple of walks.

Exercise classes booked for tomorrow. I got DOMS from all the abs stuff on Weds but should be OK now!

P20

Walk up on to the Chevin today. I can see both sides of the “just a walk” thing. Nowt wrong with a walk though.

onehundredthidiot

Had a gentle start dog pedal to check the sloes (none bush look knackered) the easy run day 2 day 4 was turbo.
    But
    Loved day 3. Easy walk with dogs at glentrool (broke phone so expensive) the mrs100th drove back to borgue and I rode the 70km mostly on forest roads via clatteringshaws. Was reasonably happy with 3hrs considering, gave the lauf its first big ride.

snotrag

Are we counting up or down then?! 98/97 were Ard Moors, which didnt exactly go to plan but I’ve enough aches and pains today that it definitely counts as ‘exercise’!

Today will be a steady lunchtime stroll for the fresh air more than anything. Zwift racing tomorrow…!

AndrewL

Last week:

Thursday – aborted swim in local spot as levels gone down so much there was a sea of mud to get to water, ended up with mountain bike ride in the evening

Friday – road ride to pick up car from MOT

Saturday – at a friends wedding in wales, tagged on at back to run up Y Lliwedd and back which seems to have done some harm to my legs! Paddle back at campsite before afternoon ceremony.

Sunday – recovery stoll half way up Siabod and bracing swim

Couple of photos, first ones cheating as they were warm up Wednesday trip out on train to ride some of the way home through the Peak.

]

P20

First gym session in probably a year done for day 5. Proof my strength is in my legs not my arms!
    I wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t for this challenge.

sirromj

If you’d like to pay for our family to move back where we used to live I’ll get some more for you.

MonkeyC: After some thought I feel my comment above was maybe a bit unfair so I’ll settle for a new 27.5″ wheelset, 142 rear, HG. Afterall, we only moved 8 miles away.

Anyway, today, half an hour of punning hardcore for a shed base, followed by 35 minutes of trials – testing my nerves a bit. Here’s a pic

Will be going back out for more punning after I’ve sat on backside eating lunch perusing STW long enough.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

5k run, 20 kg weighted squats and lunges, pot noodle 💪💥

jimmy

30 mins of HIIT using this.

https://www.downdogapp.com/

YoKaiser
    Free Member

@sirromj, superb👌

Can you film this for us next time?

Always with the pics and video requests wae you 🤔.

Set my Wattbike up with Zwift today and rode the London circuit. Early days but it seems ok, I’ll need to tap into some more of the features I think.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😂

5k wi the wife earlier, she’s had right bother with PF recently, first run back in about a month, went with her, 5k. Going back out on bike after tea.

DrP

Thurs… MTB ride
    Fri.. long commute
    Sat… 5k run with t’missus
    Sun (hungover)…90 min zone 2 on zwift..
    Aiming for a run today too..

Gonna try to bulk up again with more weights and garden CX fit stuff… haven’t lifted anyhting heavy since busting the wrist and getting all weakly!

DrP

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC has agreed to do this evenings taxi duties, so I’m attending the club’s off road ride for the first time in 2 years.

I may die…..

scotroutes

Double dipping today.

5k walk with Mrs S. 1h45m on Zwift.

Definitely feeling Autumnal now and reading through last year’s thread has brought back lots of memories of soggy runs.

Markie
    Free Member

This is great, thanks!

2 hours at the climbing wall three times last week and then again today (which prob only equals 30 mins climbing as with a partner and swapping lead but that’s okay, huh?), four 3 hour plus rides since last Monday, and 30 minutes on the erg or ski erg on days in between. Feel no benefit at all, just tired, but enjoying myself immensely!

fenlander
    Free Member

First 5 days done. Have not done much exercise over last 18 months due to injury + work. Physio means I have been gradually building up to doing more so this challenge comes at just the right time.

Day 1: 30 min steady on rowing erg + gentle 10 mile road ride in the evening
    Day 2: 30 min steady rower, 20 mile road ride in the evening
    Day 3: 30 min steady rower
    Day 4: 45 min steady rower
    Day 5: 30 min intervals on rower

Not too much cycling due to childcare, hopefully more this week. Accoring to the fitness tracking software, it is my first 5 day streak this year, which I wouldn’t have done without this challenge.

mogrim

45min in the gym at lunchtime, then a 30min stroll with the wife this evening that I can’t really class as exercise. A pleasant walk, though 🙂

alexpalacefan

Just back from an hour round local trails (Bestwood in Notts if anyone knows it).
    In the dark, coz I forgot until late (and wouldn’t have bothered apart from this).
    And on a road bike, coz the MTB was buried at the back of the garage behind a load of freshly painted shed panels.

APF

scotroutes

I wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t for this challenge.

I wouldn’t have done without this challenge

and wouldn’t have bothered apart from this

This is all great and shows what a wee bit of additional motivation can do.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

After 7 hours on the road bike yesterday I did a 30-35 min gym workout following the mtb fitness plan. Wouldn’t have bothered were it not for this.
    All my activity seems to have vanished off the strava group?

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Did a couple of exercise classes tis evening which add up to about an hour.

Still have spaghetti arms, perhaps should do daily press UPS and tricep dips as the 1 min plank every day has paid off.

midlifecrashes

No fancy videos for me, but I’m still in. Long dog walk on Sunday and a bit of manual labour this morning, setting up a tiling job so heavy lifting and light demolition. Then 100 pushups and 100 squats this evening. Must get a proper pullup bar soon.

ahsat

Day 5 of a headache so afraid it was “just a walk” for me again today. But where I probably would have just gone plop on the sofa, this did get me out of the door for an hour – which my head did benefit from (even if I didn’t have energy for anything more).

keefezza
    Free Member

Managing yo keep this going still.
    Mainly walking last few days,2 walks totalling a good few hours on Saturday, lazy walk Sunday because I was unwell due to excess alcohol consumption the night before. Today had a 20min walk at lunch and about 25mins of bodyweight stuff this evening.

Drumming wise, following my gig on Friday I did a bit of just jamming and messing on Saturday easily half hours worth. Sunday my head was not up for it so missed out. Tonight I managed about half hour ish of some focussed practise on the (electronic) kit working on some trinity music school exercises.

Another one in the camp of “wouldn’t have even thought about doing this without the forum motivation” and that goes for both the exercise and the extra drumming I’ve added to it. Enjoying pushing myself to do something everyday so far and I started 5 days early.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Along the river to Stockton with a bit of dirt jump thrown in at the end.Chilly on the way back.I,m really struggling to get excited about the challenge this year.

jeffl

Walk with the kids though the woods this evening, even found some swings.

bikesandboots

I’ve started the Garmin MTB training plan. It seems to just be a road plan with a simple “go MTBing” time block thrown in every now and again, which is fine by me as short muddy rides are too much of a PITA in winter. So the scrap bike is on training duty. Let’s see if it sticks when the nights are cold, dark and wet.

jimmy

Tired today! Think it’ll be a walk, which got me thinking I never have time to listen to podcasts – this could be a good way to kill two birds.

swavis

45mins on Zwift last night, first time I’ve been on since early June I think. Blimey I’d forgotten how sweaty and how much work it can be. Covid has definitely knocked the top end off…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This is all great and shows what a wee bit of additional motivation can do

Agreed, I was needing a bit of motivation. My lunch run now needs to be 6k instead of 5k to qualify, and I need to sneak in and out as we only get 30 mins for lunch, technically…. 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

which got me thinking I never have time to listen to podcasts

Gossip mongers Jimmy, tremendous fun!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

4 mile run done at lunchtime, then straight into a cajun chicken pannini. Guid. 🙂

mogrim

Just done a pretty awful 7km run, hoping my legs are full of DOMS and it’s not an injury. Easy day tomorrow, will probably just do a Z1-Z2 spin on the turbo.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.