• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • jimmy

Mixed my lunchtime opportunity for a circuit class so just went for a walk to notch up 10k steps (which I’m classing as minimum for any walking days).

ahsat

Had planned to get the train to work – instead did a 12.5 mile ride to work, about 80% off road. I’m absolutely shattered this evening – hope I can keep this up, whilst balancing work with ongoing long COVID recovery. It has been a pretty epic work week though.

grim168
    Free Member

Finished work early and had a wander up and over whernside today. Looking forward to sticking to this.

frankconway

Yesterday was half-hearted performance of walking, triceps dips and body weight squats.
    Today was better – weights and skipping.
    Weekend plan is bike & gym; also thinking about dusting off running shoes.
    Got a squash racquet somewhere…

sirromj

45 minute mix of bodyweight and weights this evening. Went for 1 minute rest between sets, 5 sets, 2 minute rest between exercises, no pairing. Struggled with bodyweight exercises more than expected due to the shorter rest time, so switched to easier variations for last sets. Had higher reps with the weights – an 18kg lump of metal. Finished by standing on one leg with eyes closed for one minute each leg. Will do a quick bit of stretching/flexibility/yoga/whatever, then a glass of wine.

frankconway

I think a glass (or two) of wine is a recovery drink; none of this protein shake nonsense – protein comes from food; drink is for hydration or enjoyment.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ninety minute ride along the Tees with a bit of dirt jump thrown in at the end.I was going to do a much longer ride but I,m really struggling at the moment.In fact I discussed with a mate giving this a pass this year.My housing provider and others have decided to put eight building sites around our row(one right next to my house).Frankly,it’s been a bit of a nightmare and very depressing.It’s been damaging to my physical and mental health.Iain thinks, I should give this a chance as it’s a bit of a positive distraction.What a year.

sandboy

.Iain thinks, I should give this a chance as it’s a bit of a positive distraction.What a year.

This is definitely a great way to improve your mental health. I struggle every year around this time as summer fades away and the season adjustment kicks in. Having completed this challenge for the last 2 years I can say that exercise every day can really help. I’m definitely a better person as a result.

jeffl

Yesterday an hour walk with the dog, which was not usual as we were dog sitting a mental cocker spaniel. Today a 5 and a bit km run.

I should give this a chance as it’s a bit of a positive distraction.

This thread last year was a highlight for motivation for me. I’d never thought I could stay interested enough through the fall and winter to keep working out. Historically, I haven’t. As you know this is a supportive thread. Whatever you decide, and how much you decide to do, you’ll always get some positive support here.

Day 2. This year has been tough (obvs) so we decided to stay with family for a bit. Mini 10 hasn’t really seen his grandparents for around 18 months, so it was much needed for him. Mrs. 10 has been happy to spend time with her mom. They have a short couple of off road loops nearby. Bit of climbing up a mesa, steepish rocky descent, some slickrock and a whole bunch of dusty turns. I’ve been riding that each day. Today was around 80mins. Felt cooler, I felt better. I may have spoken too soon about the weather though because snow is forecast next week. May stay dry down here, but who knows!

No moles at the counter, but here’s some prairie dogging.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8PzzoMEGV/?utm_medium=copy_link

keefezza
    Free Member

Went for a morning mooch to the moors, around 90 mins all in, yesterday followed by some lighter bodyweight core and back exercises.

My half hour of drumming a day was a bit of hand sticking work on practice lad for day 1 then my 2nd ever gig last night day 2.

jimster01

Fortunately we’re in Cornwall ATM, and there’s swell and the wind is behaving itself, so I’m getting some surfing in.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

5k run yesterday with the youngest on his bike

Taking him swimming this afternoon so of nowt else I’ll have done that but will hopefully get some circuits in. MTB spin tomorrow morning if it’s dryish, winter bike if wet

momo

Day 2 and 3 complete, 77 mile charity road ride yesterday with some work colleagues and a 14km mtb ride this morning while my daughter was in ballet class. Off for birthday beers with a mate tonight, planning to drive in to town and leave my car outside my mums house and then cycle over to collect it in the morning to cover tomorrow’s entry.

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of running around today covering two local carnivals but managed a 3 mile walk in the sunshine in a brief lull in the chaos!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Done my 9 mile long run this morning with the last 3 miles at parkrun. 5-10 years ago 9 miles would have been nothing, but these days I’m just pleased to be able to keep going!

It’s made a huge difference, retiring last year, because I could get as much daylight as I could eat. Before that I had a Lumie daylight lamp and would eat my breakfast sat a foot away from one each morning, which I recommend if you have to be indoors during the day.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Just a walk today, feeling a bit stiff after yesterdays gym visit.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yokaiser,you could try a few stretches as long as your not to cold.

swavis

Had a long and busy day at work yesterday so did an extra half hour dog walk with the kids that I wouldn’t normally have done. The blackberries we found were delicious.
    Their mum’s off to do the Etape Caledonia so we did an hour’s ride today and I think we’ll maybe do Laggan tomorrow 😊

scotroutes

Another Loch Pityoulish session. We were going to do Morlich but there was some event on. Water is still 13-14c so very pleasant and warm enough to have a picnic after.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bit of crossed wires, met a mate from minigaff for a hill run, he thought I meant a walk, so as he wasn’t dressed, we just fast walked up Larg and Lamachan, stunning morning.

IMG-20210918-WA0009

IMG_20210918_100611917_HDR

midlifecrashes

Yesterday was a bit hard going on the kettlebell, then the roofer turned up early doors today which had me shifting furniture and up and down ladders most of the morning, so these were the scenes at Midlifetowers today:

I loosened up quite well walking the dogs so gave the TRX a go, picked a workout with lots of stretches and took it easy on the squats:

jeffl

Eldest went climbing in the white peak, so dropped him off and pootled around on the bike for a couple of hours. Nothing exciting, mostly old railway lines. But trying to keep up with e-bikes made it more fun. Plus the weather was lovely.

white peak

more white peak

zoom

P20

Cracking ride from Ribblehead via Hawes and over Fleet Moss back home. 55miles and 4000ft. Really enjoyable.

mildred

I’m in.

So far:
    Thursday – 7km run followed by 35mins turbo cool down.

Friday – 45 mins turbo

Saturday – 5hrs gardening (200 metres hedge cutting & raking up the cuttings; mowing 560 sq mtrs of lawn) & 11,000 steps

Love this kind of stuff..!

ahsat

I joined my first ever women led gravel ride (Reyt Good BC), and it was ace. 11 miles of smiles with other gravelling woman.

Photo by Emma Whitaker of the STW parish.

jimmy

Rode in the Pentlands this morning. After the dry summer we’ve had, the trails are running pretty sweet. Nearly drove to Glentress and glad not to have.

Going to do a weekly #stw100 on the ‘gram to avoid daily (Insta)spam.

sirromj

42 minutes Trials bike in Garden “Hot but not hot enough to stop!”

Average speed: 1.7mph, max speed 4.4mph
    Average heartrate: 128, max heartrate: 162

1) too difficult to make the turn with rear on high point and front onto beam, so made easier
    2) easier, but only got all the way around once without dabs
    3) too easy
    4) still too easy
    5) more challenge, good fun on two wheels, got a bit nervy getting up on rear wheel to clear the gap
    6) not enough nerve for this today, got up there but couldn’t stick it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Much preferred your seafront badlands photographs.

kelvin

Just a walk on the Chevin today. Need some easy days!

ahsat

@kelvin – that is exactly what (and where) we’ll be doing today.

jimster01

Just done a yoga session on yt, arms are feeling it now.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Yokaiser,you could try a few stretches

The story of my life, my flexibility or lack thereof is legendary. I have stretching apps, you tube videos and DVDs aplenty but never seem to get round to it. Maybe something to commit to on this endeavour.

sandboy

I do a lot of my stretches while cooking or waiting for the kettle to boil or any other opportunity I get when just standing around doing nothing. It works for me.

chrisdavids

Thursday: up and over the Whinlatter Pass.

Friday: spin down Borrowdale on the road bike.

Saturday (started Friday): BG leg 1 support. First proper run in 3 months.

Sunday (started Saturday): BG leg 5 support. Ouch, the quads did not like going out again. Time for some stretches…

Really like the idea of this 100 days of exercise.  I like seeing the varied exercise that everyone does.

Good luck all.

jimmy

Mum’s visiting today so squeezed in 30 minutes yoga as a banker, have walked my  minimum 10k steps as well. So that’ll do

scotroutes

I don’t understand the “just” a walk stuff. Walking is great. We did a 10km loop today, me showing my wife and friend some tracks they hadn’t been on. There was the inevitable wee shower just as we stopped for lunch, and then it warmed right up when the sun broke through. Lovely day.

mogrim

I did a 24K trail race yesterday evening, wasn’t the most exciting of races but it was only 10min from my front door and a good first longish run after my summer fun in Switzerland. Felt it this morning – I was well down on usual power on my bike. Ho hum.

Still, all going well on the 100 day challenge 🙂

sandboy

Walking is great.

Walking is my antidote to cycling. The dogs love a long walk and I feel I’ve had just as much of a workout than if I’d been out on the bike.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t understand the “just” a walk stuff. Walking is great.

Definitely this. Had loads on today, so a wee 3 mile walk to cream o Galloway at lunch had to suffice – and I didn’t even have ice cream!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.