• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Forgot about this. Didn’t manage last year.

So started with a gym/interval workout as I’m stuck offshore.
    1hr though to start.

ahsat

I’ll join the IG hashtag @10

jodafett

Anyone point me in the direction of a decent dumbell/ barbell routine? I can’t run this year so thought I might do more weights instead.

whatgoesup

Was out last night for a hard (for me at the moment) ride, so the first days exercise was a 40 min walk at lunchtime today. But I guess this is the point – I got out to do something.

olddog

Surfing today (and yesterday). Bit of a bonus really as the forecast wasn’t very promising earlier in the week.

I’ll give this a go – should be ok as long as yoga and walking count – as those are my rest day activities

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I’ve used the mtb fitness plan which you pay for and download. The 3 sessions per week might not work but you can adapt it to suit you. You also might need to change a few exercises to suit what kit you have.

I also like the StrongLifts app for a simple barbell plan to get you stronger, and WOD generator app where you put in what equipment and skills you have and it develops random CrossFit workouts.

ajt123
    Free Member

Woah, just seen this.

I’m in.

scotroutes

A long session in a very warm Loch Pityoulish this afternoon. Very pleasant picnic on the beach afterwards too.

I even had Breagh the safety dog with me 🙂

though she was really more interested in stones

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

4 mile run, with a mole at the counter pretty much the whole way. Not the ideal start. 😂

midlifecrashes

I’m in, and I’ve smashed day one!

An hour forlornly following a beagle with poor recall round the woods earlier, and picked up the skipping rope for some cardio this evening.

keefezza
    Free Member

Pootle up to the local moors this evening. Around 90 mins total, usually around 800ft of climbing on this one but I don’t do Strava anymore so I’ve no idea what it actually is, other than bloody enjoyable and beautiful.

IMG_20210916_183046688_HDR

kelvin

Is that a lighthouse?

sandboy

Beautiful evening here and a gentle road ride to start. If this weather continues it will be easy to get out after work.

sirromj

43 minutes of bicycle commuting 10.4 miles, and a 5k/23.5 minute run at lunch time with 10 minute walk to cool down. Made sure earlier before my run there weren’t any moles at the counter 😀 Also dashed to the shop on the bike to buy lunch before the run, but didn’t eat until after the run, by which time I needed it (the food to eat that is).

swavis

A quick blast up and down a local hill, Ben Rinnes. Cracking 😎

keefezza
    Free Member

Kelvin that’s Darwen tower with a big ol’ sheath on it, it’s being renovated.

P20

I had planned on extending the commute home (usually 10mins) but decided to go for a walk after tea. Lovely evening for it

fathomer

I’m in for this, did it last year so hoping for a repeat. 1h40m road ride today.

MoreCashThanDash

1 hour on the mountain bike after work tonight.

Chub Club weigh in tomorrow morning may be a let down though.

ajf
    Free Member

Walk today, as did dragons back 6 day ultra running race last week so trying to take it easy plus packing the house for the house move tomorrow means time was short.

Will aim to knock off some of those 30 day challenge apps before Christmas.

nickjb
    Free Member

Rest(ish) day today as I had a couple of big days Tuesday and Wednesday. Took a friend’s dog out twice and was up and down a ladder all morning and did a shed load of wood chopping so I’m counting it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Walkies!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT6B-aHsGTW/?utm_medium=copy_link

Day 1. Did a similar ride to yesterday. But a bit more casually. Was around 1h 20mins. Feeling good so far, I’m hoping the weather holds for the next couple of months, that’ll make things more enjoyable!

snotrag

I’m subscribing to the thread as my reminder. Day 1 and 2 done with some gentle walking and zwifting. Ard Moors over the weekend will step it up a bit for day 3 and 4!

sc-xc

Does dancing to drum and bass in a club count?

midlifecrashes

Day 2 done, the gym I went to closed during lockdown, so until I decide to join a new one, it’s minimal home gym stuff for me. Kettlebells today, short rest breaks and supersets, so definitely cardio as well as resistance. I needed to improvise a wrist brace at 22 minutes, so watch out for that.

Might be TRX tomorrow.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Does dancing to drum and bass in a club count?

Kinda hope so. The second day of th challenge is always my wife’s birthday and this year we’re not on holiday so we can’t go supping or kayaking but we are off to a dance music festival. 8 hours raving my nuts off has to count for something, right?

(I’m going to cycle the very long way there)

Houns

We could all have a virtual dance off tonight

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@midlifecrashes you’ve inspired me, we’re off to Galloway coast for the long weekend, 12kg kettlebell packed in van too!.

kingofthetoys

I’ve done two 4 mile walks so far as I’m still recovering from elbow surgery, there should be a setting on strava for looking after a 2 year old, it’s bloody exhausting!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I was looking out for this but it appeared on the bike forum rather than chat like before!
    I’m in – 50″ ‘tempo’ (har de har har) run yesterday. A mix of dog walk, gardening and yoga for today then a long run (shuffle) tomorrow…

I’ll join the IG hashtag

Cool, thanks. I love to see everyone’s photos!

We could all have a virtual dance off tonight

Tell me more…

MoreCashThanDash

40 mile road ride this morning. Fitting stuff in this weekend is looking problematic…..

gingerflash

I did a steady 45 mins on the turbo last night but today I did…

…100 miles on the road.
    (For me, this year, that’s a lot)

Tomorrow’s effort might be a little shorter.

instanthit
    Free Member

Joined up now as well. looking forward to ending the year on a positive note.

scotroutes

48km road ride today. 1h42m. Garmin tells me I need 72hrs recovery time 😂

DrP

2 hour MTB ride yesterday…lots of commuting today…
    planning a run tomorrow am, then 90min zone 2 zwift session sunday eve…

Will try to add in body weight workouts too!

Good luck one and all!

DrP

Rich_s

SUP again, in 13kt headwind. Was not fun, fell in a few times while turning. Did maybe 25 mins or so, but I’m adding 5 minutes worth of squeezing in and out of a borrowed wetsuit.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Walk last night/this morning and some weights this evening. Daughter has gymnastics for an hour and a half and I have access to a gym round the corner so this looks like it’ll be my Friday staple if I’m off.

P20

Extended the commute home. Normally under 2miles and 10mins. Day 2 ✅

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.